Guidance on preparing cargo holds and loading of solid bulk cargoes

Year: 2014
Language: english
Author: Skuld
Genre: Другое
Publisher: Skuld
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Description: Preparation of cargo holds for the next intended carriage is a critical element of bulk carrier operations, requiring careful planning and competent execution. A lack of proper preparation not only leads to claims related to cargo quality, such as contamination, water ingress or shortage claims, but also contractual claims relating to failed or delayed surveys, off-hire claims and charter party disputes.
Preparation starts well before the cargo first lands on the tank-top and a number of factors must be considered to ensure that the preparation is targeted, effective and correct. Sweeping out the hold and washing it down may be acceptable for one type of cargo, but may not be effective for another. Understanding exactly what is required is essential. It is important everyone involved in the ‘cargo chain’ from the chartering and operations team ashore, to the Master, Chief Officer and crew on-board understand the processes involved.

Guidance on preparing cargo holds and loading of solid bulk cargoes.pdf

Скачать [3 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Cargo Advice - Hold Cleaning Guide - The Swedish Club [2022, PDF]
Loss Prevention Bulletin, Cargo Hold Cleaning - West of England P&I [2017, PDF]
Bulk cargo checklists: Grain, Coal, Nickel Ore [Loss prevention] - The North of England P&I…
Cargo and cargo hold ventilation - DNV GL [2020, PDF]
Hold On! Common Cargo Hold issues and How to Avoid them - the North [2022, PDF]
Containers on Bulk Carriers – a Practical Guidance - DNV [2021, PDF]
Claims Guides - The West Of England P&I [2018, PDF]
Bulk Matters PDF - UK P&I CLUB [2003, PDF]
Oil Tanker Operations Manual (OTM) - Unknown [2020, PDF]
Liquid Cargo Sampling - North of England P&I club [2014, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 17:26

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3