Year: 2000
Language: english
Author: F.G. MARCOS
Genre: Handbook
Edition: 2
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages + OCR
Number of pages: 585
Description: This book was exclusively prepared to help the Marine Engineers while reviewing the different subjects in preparation far the government licensure examination conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission.
It is a compilation of solutions to the problems encountered during the recent examination. There are also exercise questions including an outline to examinees, to serve as an instant refresher on the most fundamental concept and principles in accordance with the scope of the examination usually given by the Board of Examiners at the PRC.
It is also a complete practical guide to all apprentice cadet, ship personnel and engineers on board, on the latest technology to bring you the most up-to-date coverage possible of high standard on the job aboardship.
The author gratefully acknowledges and appreciates the support of the staff and students of SEALANE CONSULTANCY AND GENERAL SERVICES, INC.
This book is lovingly dedicated to my wife, Terry and my daughters, Sarah Jane, Christine Joy. and my sons Ferdinand Jr., Ferdinand Marcos II who have been my constant inspiration in my journey to the port of success.

CONTENTS

PART I MATHEMATICS..........................................................................................................................1
• Basic Fundamental of Mathematics
(Includes: Algebra, Arithmetic, Physics, Strength of Material)
• Board Problems and Answers: 1987-93 All Ranks (4E, 3E, 2E, CE)
• Board Multiple Choice: All Ranks
• Useful Engineer Formulas
• Conversion Tables - Guide Only.
PART II ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRICALLY DRIVEN PROPULSION.......................................71
• Definitions, Functions of Electrical Terms
• Board Questions and Answers: All Ranks
• Trouble Shooting of Electrical Component
• Test Equipment and Uses
• Safety Procedure on Electrical and Interpretation
• Motor: Operation and Maintenance
• Switchboard Protection
• Electrical Formulas and Symbols
• Board Problem Solving: All Ranks
PART III STEAM BOILER, TURBINES INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES
Section I : Steam Boilers......................................................................................................151
• Type, Uses, Classification
• Boiler Mountings, Accessories and Functions
• Boiler Terminology, Uses and Functions
• Safety Valves
• Boiler Water Level Gauges
• Maintenance Operation
• Boiler Corrosion Water Treatment
• Boiler Water Testing Procedures
• Waste Heat Boiler Problems and Maintenance
• Boiler Safety and Description
• Emergency Procedures
Section II : Internal Combustion Engine........................................................................191
• Definitions, Classifications
• Principles of Operation
• Component Parts and Uses
• Scavenging Process
• Turbocharging Process
• Definition of Terms
• Board Questions and Answers
• Fuel, Lube Oil, Fresh Water System
• Standard Operating Procedures, Trouble Shooting
Section III : Steam Turbines, Engines..............................................................................222
• Definition, Classification, Operation
• Fittings and Functions
• Board Questions and Answers - All Ranks
IV
Reciprocating Steam Engine : Definitions, Advantages, Construction and Operations Board Questions: Multiple Choice : Ail Ranks
PART IV REFRIGERATION AND AIR-CONDITIONING MACHINERY....................................261
• Definitions, Characteristic, Functions of Typical Parts
• Safety Devices
• Definitions of Technical Terms
• Operation and Maintenance System
• Trouble Shooting Guide to Refrigeration Problems
• Board Problem Solvings - All Ranks
PART V PRACTICAL ENGINEER GUIDES.....................................................................................317
• Main Engine Indicator Diagram
• Main Engine Performance Test
• Fuel-Lube Oil Tank Calculation
• Inspection, Measurement, Procedures, Cylinder Liner, Piston Rings
• Crankshaft Deflection
• Checking Clearances of Main Bearing, Crosshead, Crankpin Bearing
• Reading on Engine Condition
• Emergency Procedures in Engine Cylinder
• Draw Diagrams and Interpretation
• Monthly Reports, Maritime Regulations, Survey
• Board Question and Answers: All Ranks
• Test Procedure: Safety Maintenance Program
• Principles, Operation and Maintenance:
Fresh Water Distiller, Air Compressor, Purifier
• Ordering Spare Parts, Safety Bill « Basic Instrumentation
• Welding Safety and Techniques
PART VI DRAWING..............................................................................................................................395
PART VII
Section I : Safety of Life at Sea......................................................................... 428
• Firefighting and Prevention
• First Aid
• Survival at Sea
• Lifeboat Handling
Section II : Oil Tanker Safety........................................................................................474
Section III: Inert Gas System........................................................... 487
PART VIII
Section I : Machine Shop...............................................................................................503
• Welding Techniques, Tools and Equipments, Symbols
Section II : Pump Theory, Operation and Maintenance......................................531
Section III: Control Automation: Introduction................................. 553
Section IV: Organization of Engine Department................. 565
• Watchkeeping, Safe Operation, Bunkering Procedures
• Board Exams Regulations and Requirements
Section V : Code of Ethics................. 581

Modern Marine Engineers Handbook and Review Guide - F.G. Marcos - 2000.pdf

Скачать [11 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Class One Engineering Knowledge, South Tyneside College [2007, PDF]
The Operation and Maintenance of Machinery in Motorships - N E Chell [1999, PDF]
7S70ME-C Electronic Manual (Operation, Maintainance, Description, Accessories) - MAN B&W Diesel…
Singapore Poly Technique COC Class 1 & 2 EK-Motor Preparation Guide Book - Singapore Maritime…
Modern Marine Engineer's Manual Volume 1 - Everett C. Hunt [2010, PDF]
Modern Marine Engineer's Manual Volume 2 - Everett C. Hunt [2002, EPUB/PDF/AZW]
AALBORG - Instruction manual for IGS, Mission OL boiler, AV-6N Economizer [2008, PDF]
Boiler Operation Engineering: Questions and Answers - P. Chattopadhyay [2008, PDF]
Crude oil tanker "British Kestrel" Machinery operating manual - Worldwide Marine…
Reeds Engineering Knowledge - Instruments and Control Systems for Deck Officers - Embleton, William…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 22:03

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3