Language: english
Author: Hal Roth
Genre: Handbook
Publisher: International Marine / McGraw-Hill
ISBN: 978-0-07-149648-3
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Number of pages: 269
Description: Before we begin, lets put this storm business in perspective. I know my own experiences best, so let me talk about them. During the past 40 years I've sailed some 200,000 miles on the worlds oceans either alone or with my wife. These voyages include eleven trips across the Atlantic, five voyages across the Pacific, and three trips around the world—including two via the Southern Ocean when I sailed to 58° south. I've gone around Cape Horn three times, anchored in the outer Aleutian Islands, circled the big island of Newfoundland twice, and had a hard look at the long coast of Labrador. Impressive, huh? A wonderful or a foolish way to spend one's life? Yet in all those seagoing passages—some up to 52 days in length—I've never seen prolonged winds of hurricane strength and only one violent storm of Force 11.
Additional info: When the chips are down, when the wind and seas overpower your boat, when you can no longer make progress even under greatly reduced sail, should you heave-too?

Handling Storms at Sea The 5 Secrets of Heavy Weather Sailing.pdf

Скачать [10 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

The Hal Roth seafaring trilogy - three true stories of adventure under sail - Roth H. [2006, EPUB]
Blue Horizons - Dispatches from Distant Seas - Leonard B.A. [2007, EPUB]
Webb Chiles. An artist of words, wind and women. - [PDF]
After 50,000 Miles - Hal Roth [1977, PDF]
Then We Sailed Away - John Ridgway [1996, PDF]
Two on a big ocean; the story of the first circumnavigation of the pacific basin - Hal Roth [1972,…
Sailing a Serious Ocean: Sailboats, Storms, Stories and Lessons Learned from 30 Years at Sea - John…
Sailing a Serious Ocean: Sailboats, Storms, Stories and Lessons Learned from 30 Years at Sea - John…
Storm Tactics Modern Methods of Heaving-to for Survival in Extreme Conditions - Lin Pardey Larry…
To The Great Southern Sea - Robinson W.A. [1956, PDF/EPUB]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 21:57

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3