Author: William Gardner
Genre: Technical book
Publisher: International Marine Publishing Company Library of Congress
Edition: I
ISBN: 0-87742-066-1
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 216
Description: Dozens of detailed drawings plus delightful descriptions and reminiscences of the boats and the people who loved them, the text accompanying each design centers on the background of each boat rather than on a technical study. Each essay is as different as the boat it describes, sometimes explaining a detail of the building process, the origins of a design, the individuals involved, or the evolution of a yacht type.
“I'll leave you to go through the plans, and I hope that they will give you some measure of the interest and enjoyment that I've had in their development.”
William Garden
Additional info: William Garden was born in 1918. He attended the Edison Boatbuilding School in Seattle and then went to work for Andrew’s Boat Company for several years before forming his own company in 1940. Drafted by the US Army during World War II, Garden was posted at the Adak Ship Repair Base in the Aleutian Islands. Discharged in spring 1946, Garden became a licensed Naval Architect a year and a half later. His design business continued to grow, and in 1968 he relocated to an island in British Columbia. His early work consisted of mainly fishing boats — seiners, gillnet boats, halibut boats, and trollers — while his later work primarily involves yacht designs. He contributed articles and designs to Rudder, Yachting, Wooden Boat and other maritime publications, and he wrote several books about his designs, including “100 Yacht and Vessel Designs: From the Board of William Garden,” circa 1971, “Yacht Designs,” 1977, “Yacht Designs II,” 1992 and “Yacht Designs: Revised and Expanded.”

Contents

Screenshots

Yacht designs.pdf

Скачать [12 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

American small sailing craft, their design, development, and construction - Howard I. Chapelle…
Sailing Yacht Design - Phillips-Birt D.H.C. [1971, PDF]
Building classic small craft - complete plans and instructions for 47 boats - Gardner J. [1997, PDF]
Sail boat plan book - Gardner J. [1948, PDF]
Preliminary Design of Boats and Ships - Cyrus Hamlin [1989, PDF]
Understanding boat design - Ted Brewer [1993, PDF]
Building small boats - Rössel G. [1999, PDF]
Steel boat building from plans to bare hull Volume 1 - Thomas E. Colvin [1986, PDF]
53 boats you can build with commentary - Richard Henderson [1985, PDF]
Restoring Vintage Boats - Lewis H.J. [1975, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 15:41

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3