Loss Prevention Briefing, Ship to Ship Transfer

Year: 2015
Language: english
Author: NE P&I
Genre: Guide
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 12
Description: Ship-to-ship transfer (STS) of cargo has been performed for many years. The major attraction of STS is that it provides flexibility for the cargo owner at relatively low cost. STS operations are therefore becoming more popular, in various regions of the world. One of the consequences of the increased frequency of STS operations is that the incidence of structural damage caused during manoeuvring prior to commencement of STS operations has increased. Most often, the damage has been of a minor nature, but could have been much worse if the circumstances had been only marginally different. These incidents have most frequently involved dry-bulk carriers. Investigations into the causes of the incidents have shown that the ships involved often embarked on STS operations without first conducting proper pre-planning and risk assessments. The main purpose of this Loss Prevention Briefing is therefore to advise Members on the steps that they can take to minimise the risks inherent in STS operations.

Contents

Screenshots

Ship-to-Ship-Transfer-LP-Briefing.pdf

Скачать [1 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Anchoring Safely - Johnathan Priest [2005, PDF]
Loss Prevention Bulletin - The Carriage of Rice - West of England P&I [2015, PDF]
Cargo Advices Series - The Swedish Club [2024, PDF]
Carriage of Break Bulk Cargoes - the North [202x, PDF]
Damaged Ship III-International Conference Papers - RINA [2015, PDF]
Carriage of Grain Cargoes - the North [2019, PDF]
Risk Awareness Series [collection] - UK P&I Club [2020-2021, PDF]
Bulk Carriers - Guidance and Information on Bulk Cargo Loading and Discharging to Reduce the…
Carrying Coffee Beans in Containers - the North [2020, PDF]
Guidance on Gas Carrier and Terminal Gangway Interface - SIGTTO [2021, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 20:15

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3