Car Matters Car Carriers, Ro-Ro and Ro-Pax Ship Safety A Guide for Crew

Year: 2017
Language: english
Author: UK P&I Club
Genre: Practical guide
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 11
Description: This publication highlights some of the issues specific to car carriers, how those risks can be addressed, and provides helpful and practical advice for all seafarers and ship operators, or managers working with these ships.
There have been a number of serious incidents involving car carriers and other Ro-Ro passenger ships over the years. These incidents were the catalyst for a number of radical changes to the way that these ships are operated and new design features to improve the stability and safety.
Car carriers and Ro-Ro ships are characterised by their extensive covered cargo lanes above the main deck, each of which extends over a large area where any water ingress will rapidly affect the transverse stability. Similarly, any cargo shift can also reducethe available intact stability and the safety of the ship.
More recent incidents have demonstrated that despite developments and improvements, issues remain. Any problems concerning operations, stability and cargo securing should be considered carefully to ensure that risks and hazards are identified, recognised and mitigated.

Contents

See Screenshots

Screenshots

Car_Matters_Final.pdf

Скачать [3 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Ship operations - Bar?? Soyer , Andrew Tettenborn [2021, PDF]
Cargo Advice - Mineral cargoes including Sodium Metabisulphite - The Swedish Club [2022, PDF]
Carriage of Break Bulk Cargoes - the North [202x, PDF]
Damaged Ship III-International Conference Papers - RINA [2015, PDF]
Carrying Solid Bulk Cargoes Safely (Guide on IMSBC Code) - Lloyd’s Register + UK P&I Club +…
Container focus: Preventing the loss of containers at sea - The Swedish Club [2020, PDF]
Liqufied Gas Carriers Your Personal Safety Guide - SIGTTO [2013, PDF]
Basic Stability for Small Vessels - The Shipowners’ Club [2016, PDF]
Project cargo matters - UK P&I Club [201X, PDF]
Safety Considerations for Ship Operators Related to Risk‐Based Stowage of Dangerous Goods on…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 18:19

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3