Language: english
Author: Laura Dekker
Genre: Guide
Publisher: HarperCollins
Edition: 2014
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 353
Description: One of my favorite quotes ever comes from one of Laura’s sailing heroes, Bernard Moitessier, the legendary Frenchman who participated in the first singlehanded race around the world in the late sixties. Non-stop. Back then, ship to shore communications were primitive, and when he passed Cape Horn and was about to head back north to the finish line, he had no idea he was in first place. What he did know was that he wasn’t ready to face life ashore in northern Europe, and so he made the famous decision to continue sailing west
back to Polynesia. Off the Cape of Good Hope, he used a slingshot to fire a message home onto the deck of a tanker: ‘I am continuing non-stop towards the Pacific Islands because I am happy at sea, and perhaps also, to save my soul. Laura and I are not his only fans. This quote resonated with decades of sailors who wanted to escape the industrial machine and surged south to tropical climates on boats, to catch rainwater, eat fish, rice and bananas, navigate by sun and stars. It was a simple, healthy life that beckoned to many a kindred spirit troubled by the demands of civilisation, and more than 40 years later, one young lady had to fight long and hard for her right to join these ranks and happily sail around the world. And, when Laura Dekker finally broke free to busily prove all the naysayers wrong, I cheered her on.-How it all began? I am Laura and I was born in Whangarei, New Zealand. My parents were sailing around the world at the time and had been in New Zealand for two years. I became the youngest member of the crew when we made our way to Australia. They wanted to take their time to see as much of the world as possible. My sister Kim was born three years after me, and our 12-metre yacht eventually became too cramped for a family with two little girls. So we sailed back to the Netherlands where we moved into a real house for the first time. My parents’ journey had taken them seven years, and it was hard for Dad to live on firm land. He immediately started on the construction of an even bigger boat: a 20-metre, seaworthy Norwegian fishing cutter with enough room for everyone. Unfortunately, my parents’ marriage broke up and, at the age of six, I chose to stay with my father. We lived in a caravan for some time while he worked on the new boat.
Additional info: If you want to see the other side of the world, you can do two things: turn the world upside down or travel there yourself.

Contents

Dedication
Acknowledgements
Foreword by Tania Aebi
How it all began
At last!
The journey begins
Portugal, Portimão
Portugal, Portimão–Gibraltar: 200 nautical miles
Gibraltar
Gibraltar–Canary Islands: 650 nautical miles
Lanzarote
Lanzarote–Gran Canaria: 130 nautical miles
Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria–Cape Verde Islands: 780 nautical miles
Sal
Sal–São Nicolau: 85 nautical miles
São Nicolau
São Nicolau–Saint Martin: 2223 nautical miles
Saint Martin
New Year!
Stad Amsterdam
Saint Martin–Îles des Saintes: 154 nautical miles
Îles des Saintes
Îles des Saintes–Dominica: 20 nautical miles
Dominica
Dominica–Bonaire: 450 nautical miles
Bonaire
Bonaire–San Blas Islands: 670 nautical miles
San Blas Islands
San Blas Islands–Panama: 80 nautical miles
Colón
Colón–Panama, Panama Canal: 43 nautical miles
Panama
Panama–Las Perlas: 50 nautical miles
Las Perlas
Las Perlas–Galápagos: 900 nautical miles
Galápagos
Galápagos–Hiva Oa: 3000 nautical miles
Hiva Oa
Hiva Oa–Tahiti: 700 nautical miles
Tahiti
Tahiti–Moorea: 18 nautical miles
Moorea
Moorea–Bora Bora: 130 nautical miles
Bora Bora
Bora Bora–Tonga: 1300 nautical miles
Tonga
Tonga–Fiji: 470 nautical miles
Suva
Suva–Vanuatu: 600 nautical miles
Port Vila
Port Vila–Australia: 2400 nautical miles
Darwin
Darwin–South Africa: 6000 nautical miles
Durban
Durban–Port Elizabeth: 420 nautical miles
Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth–Cape Town: 470 nautical miles
Cape Town
Cape Town–Saint Martin: 5800 nautical miles
The finish!
Picture Section
Afterword
Appendix: Guppy
Copyright

Screenshots

One Girl One Dream - Laura Dekker.pdf

Скачать [8 KB]

Спасибо
aassddff 03-Мар-2018 19:02
Релизеру благодарность за наводку.
А для таких же как и я чукча-читателей оставлю ссылку:
https://forum.mobilism.org/view...85&t=1792762
Книга скачивается в epub
Из правил не очевидно, возможно ли создание новой раздачи, но с файлом в другом формате. Поэтому, ссылка.

Похожие релизы

Escape From the Ordinary - Bradley J. [2018, PDF/EPUB]
Pacific Crossing Notes A Sailor's Guide to the Coconut Milk Run - Nadine Slavinski and Markus…
Voyage to Galapagos - Robinson W.A. [1936, PDF/EPUB]
World Voyage Planner - Jimmy Cornell [2012, EPUB]
Still in the same boat - Fiona & Paul Howard McCall [1990, PDF]
Cape Horn: The Logical Route - Bernard Moitessier [2003, PDF]
Marco Polo: The remarkable firsthand story of the first Kiwis to sail around the world - Tony Armit…
The Log of the Molly B - Pete Hogan [2013, PDF]
Tamata and the Alliance - Moitessier B. [1995, EPUB]
Confessions of a Long-Distance Sailor - Paul Lutus [1992, DOCx]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 17:58

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3