marlamamba ® 12-Авг-2019 10:50

Liberty Ships: The History of the “Emergency” Type Cargo Ships Constructed in the United States During the Second World War

Year: 1985
Language: english
Author: L.A. Sawyer & W.H. Mitchell
Genre: Handbook
Publisher: Lloyd´s of London Press Ltd.
Edition: 2nd.
ISBN: 1-85044-049-2
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 133
Description: The term `Liberty Ship' crosses my desk several times each month and yet, as a diver and shipwreck historian of many years standing, I have very little first-hand experience of this type of ship. Built during WW2 partly as a direct measure of compensating for the large numbers of ships being lost to U Boats and partly to enable the United States to move men and equipment all over the world during that same conflict, the actual concept of prefabricated ships was both innovative and very bold when first introduced. The very process of building sections of ships elsewhere and then assembling those parts at the shipyard meant that their very valuable slipways were put to the most economic use and not rendered unusable for launching for months on end whilst a single ship was built from scratch.

Contents

Screenshots

The Liberty Ships.pdf

Скачать [13 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Wartime Standard Ships Volume 3: British Standard Ships Of World War I - W.H. Mitchell & L.A.…
Period Ship Modelmaking - Reed P. [2007, PDF/EPUB]
Liberty Cargo Ships - James Davis [2004, PDF]
Pearl Harbor Survivors: An Oral History of 24 Servicemen - Harry Spiller [2001, EPUB]
The building of a wooden ship - Davis C.G. [1918, PDF]
The Liberty Ships of World War II - Bill Lee [20xx, PDF]
The Tall Ships - A Salute to Liberty - Flowers C. [1986, PDF]
Al Derwazah Cargo Systems Operating Manual - Kuwait Oil Tanker Company S.A.K. [2016, PDF]
Fighting Ships of World War Two 1937-1945 Volume II - United States of America - Ivan Gogin,…
Devlin's Boat Building - How to Build Any Boat the Stitch-and-Glue Way - Devlin S. [1995, PDF]
  • Тема закрыта

Текущее время: Сегодня 04:20

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3