janataly ® 03-Фев-2013 17:59

Руководство для полных идиотов по катанию на лодках и парусному спорту/Boating and Sailing

Year: 2002
Language: english
Author: Frank Sargeant
Genre: Handbook
Publisher: Alpha
Series: 2nd Edition
ISBN: 0028643542
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Number of pages: 408
Description: Many years ago, not too long after I’d given up professional seafaring for a job as a
marine magazine writer, I exchanged a few complimentary words with Frank Sargeant at
the Miami Boat Show. I’d never met Frank before, and he’d just won the prestigious
National Marine Manufacturers Association Director’s Award, an honor bestowed upon a
marine journalist or scrivener each year for making a remarkable contribution to the
world of boats and writing about them.
Frank was a guy I admired and envied. He wrote for all sorts of popular publications,
from Sports Afield to Boating, and his name graced a whole raft of fishing how-to books I’d
seen on bookstore shelves in Florida and elsewhere. Frank was, in fact, one of those guys
who’d really made it in a realm I was only beginning to break into.
From the standpoint of personality, what most struck me about Frank at the time was the
paradox he projected. While the man was having undeniable success with the written
word, writing seemed to be rather secondary to him. Unlike many journalists who
describe the experiences of others secondhand, Frank was a consummate boatman first
and foremost—with his own experiences. He was one of those people who knows boats
intimately and is passionate about them, with the requisite talent and intelligence to be
able to simply and succinctly communicate to others his love for a rich, multifaceted
sport.
In later years, as I honed my own writing talents at Boating and Power & Motoryacht magazines,
I had the pleasure of working with Frank, editing his boat tests and stories, and
deepening my appreciation for his expertise, knowledge, and humor. I’ll never forget the
time, down in the Florida Straits, when Frank and I spent a couple of uproarious, hairraising
hours in a high-powered, high-performance, 40-some-foot speedboat, leaping
from the crest of one wave to the next, in sea conditions that were more like a washing
machine’s spin cycle than anything else. Frank’s professionalism, knowledge, and humor
that afternoon were both welcome and bolstering.
The same qualities are part and parcel of the volume you hold in your hands right now.
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Boating and Sailing is an informed, cut-to-the-chase manual
for recreational boaters that’s written by a boatman who not only knows how to write, but
knows his stuff, from the proper way to jibe a daysailer, to replacing a spark plug in an
outboard, to navigating a runabout around a lake. Whether you’re a boating beginner or
an old hand, you’ll find this book a great read and a fabulous resource.

Complete Idiot's Guide to Boating and Sailing 2ed 2002 Sargeant 0028643542.pdf

Скачать [10 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

The Complete Idiots Guide to Boating and Sailing - Sargeant F. [2002, PDF]
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Boating and Sailing - Frank Sargeant [2005, PDF]
Top Knots - Colin Jarman [2001, PDF]
Motorboating - Start to Finish - Pickthall B. [2010, EPUB]
Sailors Knots: Braided Rope Bracelet,Quick Guide for All BoatersSailboats, Powerboats, Fishing…
The Perfect First Mate: a Woman's Guide to Recreational Boating - Smith Joy [1999, PDF]
The Perfect First Mate - a Woman's Guide to Recreational Boating - Smith J. [1999, PDF]
Power Boating For Dummies - Vance R. [2023, EPUB]
Buying a motorboat: new or second-hand - Barry Pickthall [2012, PDF]
WoodenBoat magazine - WoodenBoat [2016, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 05:30

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3