Bunkers: a Guide to Quality and Quantity Claims

Year: 2020
Language: english
Author: UK Defence Club
Genre: Guide
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 20
Description: In this publication we set out some important procedures that should be adopted in order
to reduce the chances of fuel related engine damage and ship down time and provide valuable
evidence should a bunker quality claim occur. Also highlight steps that can be taken to
minimise the likelihood of bunker quantity claims and review some of the key legal principles
relating to the supply of bunkers.
The quality of bunker fuel continues to be a source of concern to shipowners and charterers.
Over the last 30 years or so, enhanced refining techniques have resulted in a decline in the quality
of residual fuel and the refinery side streams used as blend components. Added to this the demand
for low sulphur fuel has resulted in heavy blending and the use of inappropriate blend components.
Unfortunately some marine fuels have also been used as a dumping ground for waste chemicals
and organic substances that have caused serious operating problems. Engine damage and resultant
lost time caused by bunker quality problems occur all too frequently.

Contents

Screenshots

UKDC_Bunker_Disputes.pdf

Скачать [2 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Marine Fuels Preventing Claims and Disputes - North P&I Club [2018, PDF]
Bunker Quality Disputes Part 1 & 2 : Claims Guides - The West of England P&I Club [201x, PDF]
Bunker Master v.3.2 - DNV [2016]
Bunkering - A compendium - The American Club [2019, PDF]
Drugs and Alcohol at Sea, Loss Prevention - The Shipowners’ Club [2018, PDF]
Bunker Master v.3.2 [2016]
Bunkers and Bunkering, A selection of articles previously published by Gard AS - Gard P&I [2014,…
Risk Focus: Catastrophic Machinery Failure - UK P&I Club [2021, PDF]
Bunker claims prevention - Richard Bracken, Mike Salthouse [2000, PDF]
The Most Common Causes of Engine Damage - the Swedish Club [2021, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 15:19

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3