twicer ® 27-Июл-2021 22:46

Managing Cyber Risks and the Role of the P&I club | An overview

Year: 2020
Language: english
Author: The American Club and ABS Group
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 14
Description: Managing Cyber Risks and the Role of the P&I Club | an Overview - October 2020
Generally speaking, and in contrast to most other forms of marine insurance, the rules (or basic conditions of cover) of International Group P&I Clubs (IG) do not exclude claims arising from cyber incidents, unless such an incident were considered to be an act of war or terrorism. Accordingly, regular Group club P&I cover would be available for the consequences of a non-war or terrorism related cyber incident. This might arise, for example, from a simple onboard computer malfunction, from a breakdown unintentionally caused by remote intervention in onboard systems, or even from an act of sabotage by a disgruntled former employee. In the circumstances, being part of the IG, and as discussed in further detail in the remainder of this Overview.
Crew training and awareness are crucial, as the most common way for cyber criminals to attack is through inadequately trained individuals. A 2018 survey revealed that 47% of the seafarers questioned stated they had sailed on a vessel that been a target of a cyber attack. Regrettably, only 15% of those seafarers acknowledged having received at least some cybersecurity training provided by their manning agent. Unfortunately, most of the cyber training was not specific either to the company or to the ship.

Contents

NA

Screenshots

Managing cyber risks and the role.pdf

Скачать [1 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Guidance for Seafarer’s Mental Health Awareness - The American Club [2019, PDF]
Bunker Quality Disputes Part 1 & 2 : Claims Guides - The West of England P&I Club [201x, PDF]
An Introduction to P&I Insurance and Loss Prevention - North P&I Club [2018, PDF]
The Standard Club's Master's Guide to Enclosed space entry - The Standard Club [2020, PDF]
Cyber Awareness Comic - The American Club and ABS Group [2020, PDF]
Fatigue Guidelines-Managing and Reducing the Risk of Fatigue at Sea - AMSA [2020, PDF]
Cyber Security Workbook For On board Ship Use - Witherbys, BIMCO & ICS [2022, PDF]
Basic Stability for Small Vessels - The Shipowners’ Club [2016, PDF]
Cyber security awareness information package - Gard & DNV GL [2018, PDF]
Maritime Cyber Security - Be Cyber Aware At Sea [2017, MP4]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 20:43

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3