Loss Prevention Briefing, Ship to Ship Transfer

Year: 2015
Language: english
Author: NE P&I
Genre: Guide
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 12
Description: Ship-to-ship transfer (STS) of cargo has been performed for many years. The major attraction of STS is that it provides flexibility for the cargo owner at relatively low cost. STS operations are therefore becoming more popular, in various regions of the world. One of the consequences of the increased frequency of STS operations is that the incidence of structural damage caused during manoeuvring prior to commencement of STS operations has increased. Most often, the damage has been of a minor nature, but could have been much worse if the circumstances had been only marginally different. These incidents have most frequently involved dry-bulk carriers. Investigations into the causes of the incidents have shown that the ships involved often embarked on STS operations without first conducting proper pre-planning and risk assessments. The main purpose of this Loss Prevention Briefing is therefore to advise Members on the steps that they can take to minimise the risks inherent in STS operations.

Contents

Screenshots

Advertisment
Rating: 4.9 / 5 (Votes: 14)

Similar releases

Loss Prevention Bulletin - The Carriage of Rice - West of England P&I [2015, PDF]
Anchoring Safely - Johnathan Priest [2005, PDF]
Damaged Ship III-International Conference Papers - RINA [2015, PDF]
Guidelines for Container Stowage and Securing Arrangements - ClassNK [2014, PDF]
The Standard Club's Master's Guide to Enclosed space entry - The Standard Club [2020, PDF]
Container carriage, A selection of articles previously published by Gard AS - Gard P&I [2014, PDF]
Bulk Carriers - Guidance and Information on Bulk Cargo Loading and Discharging to Reduce the…
The carriage of steel , A selection of articles previously published by Gard AS - Gard P&I [2013,…
Fire! A guide to the causes and prevention of cargo fires - Swedish P&I Club [2017, PDF]
Loss Prevention Enclosed Space Entry - The Shipowners [2011, PDF]

The time now is: Today 06:10