How to sail a Boat

Год выпуска: 2007
Язык: английский
Автор: Nick Jenkins
Жанр: Учебное пособие
Формат: PDF
Качество: Отсканированные страницы + слой распознанного текста
Количество страниц: 16
Описание: Sailing is fun. But – a lot of people are put off sailing by the complexity and strange terms.
What exactly is a cunningham and how do you make it fast?
Most people who get on a boat for the first time are baffled by the terminology and the obscure, arcane language. Yet, there is a point to this language. Sailing has evolved over hundreds of years and, deep within the heart and mind of the universe, there is a reason for all this ‘stuff’.
Yes, it’s true – there’s a lot of bollocks that goes around sailing. If you listen to two ‘salties’ talking about sailing you might conclude that they are talking in another language or, at the very least, in another time.
I wrote this guide because I like sailing and I meet a lot of people who want to try sailing. The problem is they don’t know much about it and are daunted by the prospect of setting foot on a boat. Even if they manage get on a boat often they are so confused by the whole thing that they never come back.
Hopefully this guide will let you understand the basics of sailing, let you talk about sailing without feeling like an idiot and, most importantly, make you useful on a sailing boat.
Chartering
I also wrote this guide because I often go cruising with friends who have never sailed before.
If they’ve never stepped on a boat before, they feel as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest. So, before we go, I distribute this guide so they understand what’s happening and, more importantly, can do some of the work.
Skippers should feel free to use this guide with new crew, on the proviso that : its source is acknowledged (i.e. me); it is not used for commercial purposes; if you take and part of it to modify you must distribute it under a similar agreement.

Содержание

Скриншоты

How to sail a Boat 2007 Jenkins.pdf

Скачать [1 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

The Rules Book. The 1981-84 International Yacht Racing Rules Explained - Twiname E.,…
Building Half Model - Russell Barnes [2012, PDF]
What to take to Sea - Tom Alex [2020, XLS]
Bumfuzzle - Just Out Looking for Pirates - Schulte P. [2008, PDF/EPUB]
Sailing Wondertime - A Family Voyage from Seattle to New Zealand - Johnson S.D. [2018, EPUB]
Three Ways to Capsize a Boat - An Optimist Afloat - Stewart C. [2010, EPUB]
The Smarter Charter Catamaran Guide - Caribbean - Blacklock D., Domican M. [2017, PDF/EPUB]
The Proving Ground - G. Bruce Knecht [2001, PDF]
The Perfect First Mate: a Woman's Guide to Recreational Boating - Smith Joy [1999, PDF]
The Perfect First Mate - a Woman's Guide to Recreational Boating - Smith J. [1999, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 00:36

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3