Language: english
Author: Buckingham L.
Genre: Manual
Publisher: Hartley & Marks
ISBN: 0-88179-192-X
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 192
Description: In 1982 my family and I moved aboard the sailboat Morning Star. I was anxious to turn our production boat into a home and I scoured the bookstores and libraries tor books on interior decorating tor the boat. I tound a tew books that showcased photographs ot beautitul yacht interiors, but they did not tell the reader how to achieve these well-appointed good looks. The only "howto” boat books I tound required a certain level ot crattsmanship and a well-equipped woodworking shop.
Now, years later, I find myselt once again living aboard. And checking out our local library tor decorating inspiration, I have discovered that not much has been published in the intervening years on yacht decor; thus the idea for this book was formed.
The projects in this book can be easily undertaken. No sophisticated tools or level of craftsmanship are needed. Many are small projects. For the landlubber they make excellent gifts for seataring triends, for the part-time sailor they are projects that can be handcrafted with ease at home or aboard, and for the live-aboard sailor they can be undertaken while at sea or snugly nestled in harbor.
When we purchased our present home, Inside Passage, she had been sadly neglected. Her previous owner was a prairie boy who dreamed of the romance of living aboard and going to sea. Unfortunately, his wife did not share the same dream, and in the three and one halfyears they owned her, they put only thirteen hours on her engine and they never did live aboard. The survey revealed many ot her weaknesses, but we were in tor some surprises as well. The hydraulic steering leaked, the anchor winch didn’t work, and the first time we filled our port water tank, water flooded the galley. The deck fitting for the water intake was not connected to the water tank! In short, it seemed all systems — mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and heating — were in need of attention. But when I
made my to-do list the priority was curtains. If this was to be my home, it had to look like one. Need I tellyou, my list looked much different from my husband’s?
This book is about the attention to detail that makes a boat shipshape and gives the yachtsman pride of ownership.

Contents

Screenshots

Buckingham L. Beautiful Boat Crafts, 2000.pdf

Скачать [15 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Yacht Joinery and Fitting. Practical Guidance on the Planning and Building of Cabin Accommodation…
The Essentials of Living Aboard a Boat - Nicholas M. [2005, EPUB]
How to Live Aboard a Boat - Groene J. [1982, PDF]
Boat Improvements for the Practical Sailor - Fishman S.J. [1999, EPUB]
Sailing Big On A Small Sailboat - Jerry D. Cardwell [1997, PDF]
Canadian Marine Equipment Catalogue vol.13 - Marine Equipment Vol13 [2016, PDF]
Boatbuilding Manual - Robert M. Steward with Carl Cramer [2010, PDF/EPUB]
Sailing into Retirement, 7 Ways to Retire on a Boat at 50 with 10 Steps that Will Keep You There…
Do It Youself Yacht Improvements - Minal R. [1997, PDF]
The Boat Improvement Bible - Chamberlain-Webber J. [2015, EPUB]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 16:20

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3