Language: english
Author: Naujok M.
Genre: Manual
Publisher: Sheridan House
ISBN: 1574091859
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 151
Description: 'The road is the goal', so said the wise Confucius (551 to 479 BC). In other words, it's not just the end result but also the journey that should be fulfilling, enjoyable, and provide us with a sense of contentment.
Anything we create with our own hands, or using our own imagination, will reward us with a profound feeling of satisfaction and pride. That's why a refit which we undertake ourselves should be far more than simply an economic necessity. A refit which gives a new lease of life to something old and valuable should be a pleasure. There's also the additional bonus that in so doing, one may even improve on the original at the same time. Conversely, anyone who sees a DIY refit simply as a way of saving money on repairs won't have a lot of fun along the way.
Apart from making structural improvements, of course, one of the main aims of a refit is to enhance your boat's appearance. Many boats suffer from neglect in this area and end up as little more than merely another form of transport. True boat lovers, however, take enormous delight in a beautifully presented yacht, which again, is one of the main reasons why they enjoy keeping their own pride and joys up to scratch.
On the following pages I shall be trying to encourage you to undertake your own refit, on your own boat — a mini adventure in itself — by providing a step-by-step guide to help you reach your goal.
Special thanks are due to my son Holger and his partner Britta Herbers, who showed what might be involved by refitting their own two boats, one built in fibreglass, the other in wood. With their help I hope to make DIY refits more popular because, in my view, the time has come: thousands of old and neglected, but still structurally sound boats are waiting to be reborn! There's an enormous number of opportunities, with lots of cheap craft around at the moment. So what are we waiting for?

Contents

Screenshots

Naujok M. Fitting out Your Boat in Fibreglass or Wood, 2004.pdf

Скачать [16 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Ready for Sea - How to Outfit the Modern Cruising Sailboat and Prepare Your Vessel and Yourself for…
The New Boatkeeper: Motorboating & Sailing's Authoritative Guide to Maintenance, Repair and…
Yacht Joinery and Fitting. Practical Guidance on the Planning and Building of Cabin Accommodation…
Build your own boat completing a bare hull - Ian Nicolson [1996, PDF]
Metal boats - Ken Scott [1994, PDF]
Fiberglass Boat Repairs Illustrated - Roger Marshall [2009, PDF]
Rowing Slow: The Secret For Going Fast And Getting What You Want From Your Rowing - Mike Davenport…
The Boat Data Book - Ian Nicolson [2004, EPUB]
A Seafarer's Financial Compass-How To Multiply Your Income While You Are Still A Seafarer -…
Don Casey's Complete Illustrated Sailboat Maintenance Manual: Including Inspecting the Aging…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 15:55

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3