gillnumil ® 11-Sep-2020 19:28

Bridge Resource Management Stressing The Dangers Of Over-Reliance On ECDIS With Entry Level Officers

Year: 2xxx
Language: english
Author: Jeffrey Spillane
Genre: Guide
Publisher: SUNY Maritime College, USA
Format: PDF
Quality: Photos of pages
Pages count: 43
Description: The purpose of this paper is to highlight the need to address specific weaknesses when teaching a course by highlighting a common mistake I (and several other instructors agree) have been seeing in entry level officers/officer candidates (little to no experience) enrolled in “Bridge Resource Management” (BRM) courses. It emphasises the need to take the student’s previous experience and comfort levels into account when designing and teaching a course. While I discuss BRM in detail, this paper could be a model for the method of evaluating the Objectives and balancing the student’s weakness to “fine tune” a course to provide the greatest benefit for
the student.

Contents

Screenshots

Advertisment
Rating: 5 / 5 (Votes: 16)

Similar releases

Navigational claims 2020 - Swedish P & I Club [2019, PDF]
Master and Chief Mate (Model Course 7.01) - IMO [2014, PDF]
REEDS Motor Engineering Knowledge for Marine Engineers - Paul Anthony Russell, Thomas D. Morton,…
Bridge Procedures Guide - International Chamber of Shipping [2016, PDF]
The Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS) - Adam Weintrit [2009, PDF]
Principles of Modern Radar Vol.1- Basic Principles - Richards M.A., Scheer J.A., Holm W.A. [2010,…
Chief Engineer Officer and Second Engineer Officer (Model Course 7.02) - IMO [2014, PDF]
Navigational Claims - Swedish P&I Club [2014, PDF]
Specialized Training Program for Chemical Tankers Course (STPCTO) - MASSA Maritime Academy [2005,…
International Law - Malcolm N. Shaw [2008, PDF]

The time now is: Today 22:42