Year: 1906
Language: english
Author: Smyth H.W.
Genre: History
Publisher: John Murray
Format: PDF/DOCX
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 280
Description: The present chapters are the outcome of some years of varied sea travel. They attempt to record the peculiarities of the principal types of sailing-craft in Europe and Asia which I have observed, or of which I have had experience, and in many cases have handled for myself; and to consider, to some extent, the causes which have been at work in the development of boats and the results attained under the conditions with which they have had to contend. This book can only pretend to be a contribution to the literature of the subject - indeed it would be well-nigh impossible for any one man personally to know the coastlines of the earth in sufficient detail, and to study or handle all the numerous types of sailing-boats, developed with endless variety and ingenuity in every locality, with sufficient intimacy to write on the whole subject. I can only hope here to indicate to those whose tastes are similar to my own the infinite interest of a study which 'Mast and Sail' can afford him.

Contents

No content.

Screenshots

Smyth H.W. Mast & sail in Europe and  Asia, 1906

Скачать [9 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Operation of Machinery in Ships: Steam Turbine, Boilers and Auxiliary Plant - A. NORRIS, C.Eng.,…
Sailing Ships, the Story of their Development - K.Chatterton [1909, PDF]
The Sloop of War 1650-1763 - Mclaughlan I. [2014, PDF/EPUB]
Ocean Voyaging - Parker David [1975, PDF]
Hints to Young Yacht Skippers - Day T.F. [2022, PDF]
The Medley of Mast and Sail - A Camera Record - 407 photographic illustrations of many of the…
Ships through the ages - Douglas Lobley [1972, PDF]
Seamanship in the age of sail - Harland J. [1985, PDF]
Cloud Types for Observers - Met Office [201x, PDF]
Ekranoplans. Peculiarities of the theory and design - Alexander I. Maskalik [2000, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 03:27

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3