Author: The Technical Committee of The Cruising Club of America
Genre: Handbook
Publisher: W W Norton & Co Inc
Edition: First
ISBN: 978-0393033113
Format: epub
Quality: ebook
Pages count: 303
Description: If you what to know what considerations are taken in designing an offshore cruising sailboat, this is the book for you.
It walks you through the history of offshore yacht design from the heuristics and traditions of the past, through the racing-inspired changes that led to the Fastnet tragedy, and finally to the lessons learned from that incident and mathematical models that challenge the assumptions of the past.
While there are a few boats reviewed in the book, they are there only to illustrate the various choices that can be made when designing an offshore racer/cruiser. This is not a guide to boat buying and is not intended as such.
If you want to know how the capsize screening formula was derived or what the single most important factor in preventing a breaking-wave capsize is, you'll really enjoy this book. If you want to know how to calculate the ventilation requirements for your crew and how that affects the direction in which you open each of your hatches, look inside this book. If you are interested in buying a sailboat for offshore use and want to compare it to the criteria defined by the very experienced and knowledgeable members of the CCA technical committee, buy this book.
If you are looking for a list of good offshore boats that you can buy then look elsewhere, it's not in here. This is a book for people who want to make their own lists.

Contents

Screenshots

Desirable and undesirable characteristics of offshore yachts

Скачать [3 KB]

Спасибо
Gogo81 ® 01-Дек-2020 16:52
Guys,
This is what I have. I don't have a pdf file. I opened the epub file with Adobe digital edition and I have the same result. I suppose we are missing some pictures.
Anyway, I have ordered this book from the local library and in 10 days I will make a scan of the missing (corrupted) pages and add to this book.
No worries...Come back in a week or so...

Похожие релизы

The Offshore Yacht - Tim Thornton [1984, PDF]
America's Sailing Book - Bill Robinson [1976, PDF]
Upgrading Your Small Sailboat for Cruising - Paul and Marya Butler [1988, PDF]
Essentials of seamanship for cruising - John Watney [1980, PDF]
The Narrowboat Guide - A complete guide to choosing, designing and maintaining a narrowboat - Jones…
Seaworthiness: The Forgotten Factor - Marchaj С.A. [1996, PDF]
The seaworthy offshore sailboat - a guide to essential features, gear, and handling - Vigor J.…
The Sailboat Classes of North America. Two hundred Racers, Cruisers, and Catamarans in stories and…
Buying a Yacht New or second hand - Barry Pickthall [2012, EPUB]
Crewing to Win - Hemmings A. [1994, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 02:06

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3