Year: 1991
Language: english
Author: Robinson B.
Publisher: Norton & Company
ISBN: 0-393-30796-4
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 324
Description: In my more than 25 years on the staff of Yachting and more than 50 years of going cruising whenever the occasion presented itself, I have had the rare opportunity to visit most of the world's best cruising areas. Because of this, I am frequently asked questions about them, both by people who hope to get there themselves and by those who are simply curious and perhaps want to make comparisons with areas with which they are familiar.
Remembering these questions, I am reporting here on the best of those areas. There are no negative reports (Delaware Bay is definitely not included), though I have tried to tell of drawbacks when they exist, and different areas have naturally served well under different circumstances. Some of the material has previously been reported in Yachting and other books, but in different form, as all the chapters are newly written; there are no reprints or scissors-and-paste jobs here.
The boats used were many and varied, often loaned by bareboat companies, and many more cruises were taken in our own three boats, namely, the Mar Claro, a 24-foot Amphibi-Ette tradable light displacement sloop with outboard auxiliary power and convertible canvas hood over the cabin, which we owned from 1958 to 1967; Tanagra, a Morgan Out Island 36 center-cockpit, diesel-powered sloop (1973-1978); and Brunelle, our current boat, a CSY 37 cutter, also diesel powered, with aft cockpit. We base her in the British Virgin Islands, and our adventures in getting her there were chronicled in my last book, South to the Caribbean. None of those stories are duplicated here, but more recent cruises are.

Contents

Screenshots

robinson_b_where_to_cruise

Скачать [16 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

A cruising guide to the Caribbean including the north coast of South America, Central America, and…
The Hal Roth seafaring trilogy - three true stories of adventure under sail - Roth H. [2006, EPUB]
Cruising World - US Edition (July) - Bonnier Corporation [2019, PDF] - Bonnier Corporation [2019,…
Over the horizon; the best in cruising - Bill Robinson [1966, PDF]
Details of classic boat construction - the hull - Pardey L. [1991, PDF]
The misty islands - Miles Smeeton [1978, PDF]
Sailing three oceans. Building and sailing schooner Appledore - Herbert and Doris Smith [1988, PDF]
Boat Improvements for the Practical Sailor - Fishman S.J. [1999, EPUB]
Yacht designs - William Gardner [1977, PDF]
Essential Sailing. A Beginner's Guide - Marshall R. [2000, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 13:41

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3