Language: english
Author: Damour J.
Genre: Guide
Publisher: Granada Publishing
ISBN: 0-393-03262-0
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 200
Description: The first kind of skipper spends his winters dreaming of the opening cruise of next spring; he is quite happy to hire a boat — any boat so long as it will do the job. The others think as much, or even more, about the boat as about the sailing; this kind nearly always becomes an owner sooner or later.
The escapists tell tales oftheir passage making, offishing trips, of the gales they have survived. The rest of us have the same tall tales, of course, but the conversation always eventually returns to the same subject — the boat herself. We talk endlessly of useful gadgets we have seen on other boats, of tricks whereby some chore can be made easier or some drill made less irksome.
And basically that’s what we like best: to turn what starts offas just any boat into something special, an expression of our own personality.
I’m sure that by not weighing anchor at various times and for various reasons — real or imaginary — I have missed some good sailing. But by staying in harbour I have also been able to poke around other boats spotting ideas, picking the brains of other owners, so that what may have started off as one of a hundred identical production line craft has been given individuality and character, through clever gadgets and bright ideas built in over the years. More than once such inquisitiveness has ended by exchanging notes with other proud inventors, accompanied as a rule by the popping of corks.
And so I felt it worth while to present a selection of those tips, hints, improvements or stratagems, call them what you like, which I have spotted and copied on various cruises all over the world. Many of them have been developed for a specific need by experienced sailors, but can still be just the thing for the average cruising man or woman. Each one reminds me just where and how I first saw it.

Contents

Screenshots

damour_j_101_tips_and_hints_for_your_boat.pdf

Скачать [17 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Modern Ocean Cruising: Boats, gear and crews surveyed - Jimmy Cornell [1983, PDF]
The Rules Book. The 1981-84 International Yacht Racing Rules Explained - Twiname E.,…
Cruising Under Sail - Dag Pike [2013, EPUB]
Singlehanded Sailing: The Experiences and Techniques of the Lone Voyagers - Richard Henderson…
Caribbean Passagemaking - A Cruiser's Guide - Weatheritt L. [2016, PDF/EPUB]
Pilot Cutters Under Sail - Pilots and Pilotage in Britain and Northern Europe - Cunliffe T. [2013,…
50 Ways to improve your Navigation v.1.0.5 - theotherhat.biz [2016] [Android]
Ready for Sea - How to Outfit the Modern Cruising Sailboat and Prepare Your Vessel and Yourself for…
Cruising World - January 2021 - Cruising World [2021, PDF]
Power Boating For Dummies - Vance R. [2023, EPUB]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 15:51

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3