Vitbar192 ® 16-Апр-2020 08:52

The Complete Anchoring Handbook: Stay Put on Any Bottom in Any Weather

Year: 2008
Language: english
Author: Poiraud A., Ginsberg-Klemmt A., Ginsberg-Klemmt E.
Genre: Manual
Publisher: McGraw-Hill
ISBN: 0-07-151021-4
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 212
Description: The technique of sailing has changed enormously in recent years, but one area that has remained virtually unchanged from the early days when humans first ventured afloat in a hol-lowed-out tree trunk is that of anchoring. GPS, radar, electronic charts, and odier such aids have vastly increased the safety of sailing, but they are all primarily concerned with movement. When I was asked to write a foreword to this book, I looked back at the various accidents among cruising boats that have come to my attention during my recent circumnavigation and was amazed to find that the majority were the direct consequence of poor anchoring. In the not too distant past, the major cause of groundings in areas such as the South Pacific was poor navigation; nowadays, boats are often lost or damaged because they are anchored in the wrong way and in the wrong place. And I say that not just from my observations of others but also from hard-gained personal experience! I will never forget some sticky moments, especially in my early sailing years, when we were one step from serious trouble by not having paid due attention to anchoring properly.

Contents

Seabed Characteristics
The Forces on an Anchor
Anchor Selection
Anchor Rode
Deck Equipment and Layout
Anchoring Techniques
Advanced Anchoring Techniques
Moorings

Contents

Screenshots

Poiraud A., Ginsberg-Klemmt A., Ginsberg-Klemmt E. The Complete Anchoring Handbook, 2008.pdf

Скачать [9 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

The Complete Anchoring Handbook - Alain Poiraud [2008, PDF]
Nigel Calder's Cruising Handbook: A Compendium for Coastal and Offshore Sailors - Nigel Calder…
Chapman Piloting. Seamanship & Small Boat Handling - Maloney E.S., Chapman C.F. [1991, PDF]
Chapman Piloting. Seamanship & Small Boat Handling - Maloney E.S., Chapman C.F. [1999, PDF]
Handling Storms At Sea The 5 Secrets of Heavy Weather Sailing - Hal Roth [2009, PDF]
Advanced Marine Electrics and Electronics Troubleshooting - Ed Shermann [2007, PDF]
Troubleshooting Electronic Equipment - R. S. Khandpur [2007, PDF]
The handbook of sailing [1992, PDF]
High Latitude Sailing - Self-sufficient sailing techniques for cold waters and winter seasons -…
Radar Afloat. Official Background Reader to the RYA Radar Course - Barlett T. [2001, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 23:44

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3