Author: J. D. Sleightholme
Genre: Manual
Publisher: Adlard Coles
Edition: Fourth Edition
ISBN: 0-229-11772-4
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 260
Description: This book takes a broad look at the techniques involved in sailing small modern family cruisers of between 20 and 30 feet. Because the subject is so wide I have missed out a lot of the fine detail generally found in introductory cruising books, and nowhere will you learn how to make a sheepshank, nor will I attempt to explain lines of magnetic force or the difference between altocumulus and stratus. Instead the author tried for an overall approach to cruising, the practicalities and the problems which arise from the fact that, whereas small sailing cruisers have become sturdier and much more efficient, we poor old human beings remain just as bumbling and fallible as we ever were.
The author assumed that the reader has sailed a dinghy and knows the rudiments of chartwork and boat handling. Practical common sense is the root of sailing and seamanship and I believe that provided a total beginner is practical, sensible and interested, he could be stuck aboard a boat and left to fathom it out for himself. I wouldn’t advise it, but he’d get there, albeit via a few costly bumps - learning by trial and error. But then, sensible people rarely get into bad trouble; it is the impractical big- heads with a superficial smattering of knowledge - theory rather than practice - who fill the lifeboats.

Contents

Screenshots

Cruising A manual for small cruiser sailing

Скачать [4 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Seamanship for Yachtsmen - Francis B. Cooke [1923, PDF]
Sailing - A beginner's guide - Seidman D. [2011, PDF]
Learn to Navigate - The No-Nonsense Guide for Everyone - Mosenthal B. [2014, EPUB]
Inshore Navigation - Tom Cunliffe [2008, PDF & Doc]
Shorthanded Seamanship - Conrad Dixon [1991, PDF]
The Dinghy Bible - Rupert Holmes, Jeremy Evans [2014, EPUB]
The Boatswain's Manual - William A. McLeod [2000, PDF]
High Latitude Sailing - Self-sufficient sailing techniques for cold waters and winter seasons -…
The Adlard Coles Book of Electronic Navigation - Tim Bartlett [2005, PDF]
The Offshore Yacht - Tim Thornton [1984, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 21:31

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3