es18ms ® 30-Авг-2021 22:18
hello users.
today i want to share with you my method to install OpenCPN then how to add the world charts, all that to have an emulator of ECDIS and that help you to know about ports and navigational zones and everything you need before creating your reals routes. so, let get started.
1. download the OpenCPN from the official website, then install it.
- official OpenCPN's website ( https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/inf...loadopencpn.html ). (44 MB)
2. now, you need to download the World charts.
- google drive link ( https://drive.google.com/file/d...43Cklnc9Oib/view ). (1.72 GB).
- then extract the folder using Winrar or 7zip, (the name of the folder is "CM93 11.20.15 Mariners Guide").
3. after openCPN is installed, open it and click on "options'' then click on "charts", now click on "add Directory" and select the extract folder of World Charts. and finally click on OK. (like the pic below)
- now, congratulation, you have all the world chart in your computer, you can now create and edit routes like you want.
note ; there is a method to connect your smartphone in your computer to have a real position and to navigate like real.
- so, i will share it when i test it.
thank you seatrackers.
AntaresEnif 21-Дек-2022 07:39
81506Password: MarinersGuide
I'm downloading, had one question, I noticed in some discussions online it was noticed that the latest version by itself pruned out some things that were available in earlier versions, and the discussion ended with a note from someone that the maximum coverage was obtained by downloading 2003ish then the later ones and overwriting, in the process of overwriting it would update whatever was possible to the newest version, but would retain higher information files from earlier, so a build from the earlier one to the latest would give more total high-resolution coverage.
Is your upload built that way, or is it a stand-alone of the latest version?
I'm going to try to build a solid base-map to improve with high resolution data from google earth etc via MBTiles, that seems to be the least bad way to get maximum information that might be needed. Basically I'm trying to build a relatively solid world map, I'm quite confused by all the modern encrypted versions that will only work with one specific program(like the newer c-map). So it seems to me that this approach is the easiest way to get a relatively stable set of maps that can cover wherever I might end up in a pinch, I'll still buy newer navionics or similar on an area by area basis, but I really want at least enough data that I can navigate reasonably well anywhere, using a program that can run on most things, and this seems like the best approach to that.
Do I understand correctly, that essentially all of them newer than this also require a license key to use the map file even with a cracked program? So I would need to purchase a license, and if so, is it possible to buy it one time and live with the maps then not updating from there? The TX97 worldmap at 80ish gb looks much bigger and I'm assuming has better data, but it seems unusable as far as I can see? Can something like iSailor on an iPad use that data? I'm not opposed to spending a fair bit of money once, but for a year then unusable after, not so good.
4logo4 22-Дек-2022 13:17
Для отправки сообщений необходимo включить JavaScript