AntaresEnif ® 18-Мар-2022 06:09

“THE TINNED FISH COOKBOOK" Easy-to-Make Meals from Ocean to Plate” Excerpt From: Bart van Olphen. “The Tinned Fish Cookbook.”

Year: 2020
Language: english
Author: Bart van Olphen
Genre: Manual
Publisher: The Experiment, LLC
Edition: 1st
ISBN: “978-1-61519-675-3” Excerpt From: Bart van Olphen. “The Tinned Fish Cookbook.” Apple Books.
Format: EPUB
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 157
Description: “It was around fifteen years ago that I fell in love with tinned fish as I traveled through countries like Spain, Portugal, and France, where they really know and adore it. Aside from the lovely packaging of many of these tins—reason enough to buy them—the fish inside was surprisingly flavorsome, too. I remember visiting a small-scale conserverie, or cannery, in northern Brittany during those years. Just before I left, the owner, Marie Bevillon, handed me a gorgeous tin of sardines. “Don’t eat it right away!” she said. “Turn it over regularly and they’ll get even better, like a good bottle of wine.” And they did! I've been sold ever since.”
Excerpt From: Bart van Olphen. “The Tinned Fish Cookbook.” Apple Books.

Contents

“fisherman nets fish. Obviously. But what does the fisherman net for that fish? While it’s important that fish is caught sustainably from healthy stocks, we should also consider the well-being of the entire fishing community.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, no less than 10 to 12 percent of the total world population depends directly or indirectly on fishing. Of that number, 90 percent work in small-scale fishing communities. Nearly all of these people (97 percent live in developing countries (The World Bank, 2012). A total of 3.7 million fishing vessels ply the world’s oceans and “only” 1.7 percent of these can be classified as large-scale. This may seem like a tiny percentage until we realize that these large boats are responsible for 60 percent of the global fish catch (World Ocean Observatory, 2017). With our support, small-scale fishing communities—and all those who depend on fishing for their livelihoods—can continue their sustainable working methods.
THE MALDIVES MODEL
Laamu Atoll, an island that’s part of the Maldives, is home to Horizon Fisheries. For decades, this small atoll community has fished for tuna using the authentic pole-and-line method

Screenshots

hidden

Скачать [33 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Fisheries Technology for developing Countries - National Academy of Sciences [1988, PDF]
Good Catch - A guide to sustainable fish and seafood with recipes from the world's Oceans -…
What a Waste 2.0, A Global Snapshot of Solid Waste Management to 2050 - International Bank for…
Small Offshore Fishing Boats in Sri Lanka - Hallberg [1992, PDF]
The empty ocean - plundering the world's marine life - Ellis R. [2003, PDF]
Fishing boat designs 2. V-bottom boats of planked and plywood construction - Øyvind Gulbrandsen…
The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture - Contributing to Food Security and Nutrition for all…
Impacts of climate change on fisheries and aquaculture Synthesis of current knowledge, adaptation…
UNCTAD - Liability and Compensation for Ship Source Oil Pollution - UNCTAD [2012, PDF]
Ocean The Definitive Visual Guide - Dorling Kindersley [2014, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 15:36

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3