The Complete Offshore Employment Handbook

Year: 2007
Language: english
Author: Ron Edwards
Publisher: Offshore Guides
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Number of pages: 74
Description: This book was originally written in 1976. Before the internet was anything more than an idea in someone's head, if even that. It began as a guide to help non experienced people find work offshore. From that small beginning it has grown to be one of the best sources available anywhere on how to use the internet to work in the offshore / maritime industry. Offshore is a great place to work. Of all the jobs I've had, working offshore is at the top of the list. It was work, but it was fun, meaningful work and paid well. Sure, there were times when it was not so fun, there where even times when it really sucked, and times when I easily could have lost my life.
But even with that I would not trade those experiences for anything. Offshore work is not for everyone. It takes a special breed of person to endure the hardships of being away from home in an isolated environment working in an industry that life insurance companies consider to be one of the most dangerous in the world. It's not for everyone. You'll either love it or hate it, and it won't take long for you to make up your mind. One thing is certain, you'll never forget it. This book is an ongoing work. I add to it when I can. Getting one of these jobs is not rocket science, especially if you live in the US. This industry is always in need of good people.
The oil and gas industry is suffering a personnel shortage like never before. And that was BEFORE hurricane Katrina. Several thousand jobs are available worldwide on any given day for entry level and experienced alike. Now is a great time to get in! All of the rigs will need 2 complete crews each when they come off sea trials. In addition to rig orders, there are numerous orders for supply, crew, and utility vessels to service the rigs. These vessels will need crews; deckhands, able bodied seamen, mates, engineers, mechanics, electricians, oilers, captains, cooks, galley hands, medical personnel and more. There is construction, fabrication and erection of offshore production facilities many miles offshore. This requires massive barges with huge deck cranes, called derrick barges, it takes weeks or even months to complete, which involves hundreds of people in a vide variety of jobs. When the platform is erected, then miles and miles of underwater pipelines have to be fabricated, installed and connected to onshore refineries. Needed are engineers, supervisors, crane operators, welders, fitters, riggers, electricians, mechanics, labourers and experienced maritime deck personnel. And all that is just THE NEW STUFF coming down the pipeline. There are thousands of rigs, boats and vessels currently working worldwide in this industry. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, week after week, year after year. On any given day, many are shorthanded. In fact, it is not uncommon for some offshore operations to be shut down due to a shortage of key personnel. Every day recruiters are looking for hundreds of people to fill a wide variety of domestic and overseas jobs, both entry level and experienced. Because of the isolated nature of the work, there is always a high turn over. There have even been times when entire crews failed to show up for crew change. For those of you who are entry level with no prior experience, companies spend millions each year to find, train and promote people who want to work in this industry.

Contents

Contents
: Foreword Page 3
: Maximizing Your Internet Search Page 5
Chapter 1 : Qualifications Page 7
Chapter 2 : Current Employment Outlook Page 9
Chapter 3 : Oilfield Operations Page 12
Chapter 4 : Types of Rigs Page 15
Chapter 5 : Benefits and the Unseen Opportunity Page 17
Chapter 6 : Advancement and Training Programs Page 20
Chapter 7 : Work Schedules Page 22
Chapter 8 : Domestic and Overseas Work Page 25
Chapter 9 : Positions Available Page 27
Chapter 10 : Maritime Services Page 34
Chapter 11 : Special Service Companies Page 37
Chapter 12 : Catering Companies Page 41
Chapter 13 : Entry Level Positions Page 43
Chapter 14 : Applying For Employment Page 46
Chapter 15 : Reporting For The Interview Page 49
Chapter 16 : What to Take Page 51
Chapter 17 : Important Tips Page 53
Chapter 18 : Onshore Alternatives Page 55
Chapter 19 : Schools and Training Programs Page 57
Chapter 20 : Prior Military Page 61
Chapter 21 : What It's Like Page 63
Chapter 22 : A Woman’s Tale Page 66
Chapter 23 : What Are My Chances? Page 69
Chapter 24 : A Final Word Page 73

The Complete Offshore Handbook.pdf

Скачать [2 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Udemy - Offshore Oil and Gas Facility Construction [2022, MP4]
Handbook of Electrical Engineering For Practitioners in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industry -…
Handbook of Rigging - Joseph A. MacDonald et alli [2009, PDF]
How to Find a Offshore Job: Drilling Rig Platform, Offshore Recruitment, Oil and Gas, Petroleum,…
Offshore Wind Turbines - Peter Tavner [2012, PDF]
Mariner's Employment Guide: General Requirements For All Merchant Mariner: How To Become A…
The Men on Deck - Master, Mates and Crew. Their Duties and Responsibilities - Felix Riesenberg,…
Paid to Live the Dream: A Seafarer's Tale of Life Afloat - Anthony Edwards [2018, PDF]
Finding the way - Michael Pollard [1986, PDF]
Руководство для полных идиотов по катанию на лодках и парусному спорту / Boating and Sailing -…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 19:44

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3