Year: 2014
Language: english
Author: Niall Doherty
Genre: Other
Edition: 1
Format: MOBI
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 172
Description: Ever wonder what it would be like to spend a month at sea? To travel the world without flying? To have your life threatened in Nepal? To run out of money in the Middle East? To flirt with one hundred women in the Netherlands?
Written primarily aboard a freighter while crossing the Pacific Ocean, The Cargo Ship Diaries is something of a memoir of Niall Doherty’s 44 months traveling around the world without flying, the highs and the lows and the lessons learned. We start off in Japan as he’s about to board the cargo ship, and throughout the book flash back to times spent in Amsterdam, Bucharest, Kathmandu, Bangkok and the likes.
“I wish I could have written a book this awesome.” – Jack Kerouac
Expect plenty of taboo topics, tales of dating misadventures, and honest takes on places like India and Iran. If you like the Momentos series on Niall’s blog, you’ll absolutely love this book.
FAQ’s
Q. How long is the book?
A. 47,211 words on 172 pages. You can read through the whole thing in about four hours.
Q. What route did you take around the world?
A. Ireland > England > Netherlands > Germany > Switzerland > Austria > Hungary > Romania > Turkey > Iran > UAE > India > Nepal > India > Thailand > Cambodia > Laos > Vietnam > China > Hong Kong > China > Vietnam > Laos > Thailand > Laos > China > South Korea > Japan > Peru > Bolivia > Brazil > Venezuela > Colombia > Panama > Nicaragua > Honduras > El Salvador > Guatemala > Mexico > USA > Portugal > Spain > France > Ireland
Q. Is there a surprise ending?
A. Yes, but I’m going to ruin it for you right now: In the last chapter I reveal that I’ve never actually left Ireland, and have been fooling everyone with my photo and video editing skills for years. Suckers!
Q. Did Jack Kerouac really say that about your book?
A. Um, no. He died thirteen years before I was born. So I kinda lied. Sorry. I hope we can still be friends. Here’s a real testimonial to make amends…
“This shit be tight, yo!” – Marco Polo
Q. Is there an audio version of the book?
A. Yes. You can buy it via my website: http://ndoherty.com/books/cargo/
Q. Are there cargo ship sound effects to go with the audio version of the book?
A. I think you can hear a toilet flush at the end of chapter ten. That’s about as good as it gets.
Q. Why don't you fly? Sounds dumb.
A. It is pretty stupid, and I don't recommend it, but I explain my motivation in the book.

Contents

Нет оглавления. 28 глав.
No table of contents. 28 chapters.

Screenshots

hidden

Скачать [1 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Таблица стандартных частот и напряжений сети для различных стран мира [XLSX]
Fighting Ships of World War Two 1937-1945 Volume IX - Asia, Africa, Latin America - Ivan Gogin,…
The Panama Canal: The Construction and History of the Waterway Between the Atlantic and Pacific…
Fighting Ships of World War Two 1937-1945 Volume VIII - Europa - Ivan Gogin, Alexander Dashyan…
Comfortable Cruising - Liza Copeland [2001, PDF]
Sailing Directions / Лоции - National Geospatial-intelligence Agency [2014-2017, PDF]
Lloyd’s Maritime Atlas of World Ports and Shipping Places - Lloyd’s MIU [2007, PDF]
Electronic Navigational Charts (ENC) in the S-57 vector format [20xx]
Tamata and the Alliance - Moitessier B. [1995, EPUB]
The Last Witness | The Black Sea Sinking Of MV Struma, February 24, 1942 (The Holocaust Series Book…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 01:32

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3