Genre: Reference book
Publisher: ‎ Intl Marine Pub Co
Edition: First
ISBN: 0-87742-112-9
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 262
Description: From the author:
This book is about some of the craft I've become familiar with, and they are among my
favorites. There is no common denominator for these boats except that they are smart-sailing,
versatile cruisers, and many are considered classics. Of course, compromises are a necessary fact
of yacht design as well as of life, and certain qualities of these boats are accentuated at the
expense of others. I don't think that the yachts in this book are seriously deficient in any respect,
but minor weaknesses in one aspect are compensated by strengths in other areas. At any
rate, all the boats in this book are good or great, in my humble opinion, and I hope my overall
admiration will be apparent to the reader. Some of the qualities I think are important
are: seaworthiness, sailing ability, ease of handling, comfort, and looks. Seaworthiness should
be a prime consideration, because a lack of it could endanger the lives of the crew. Now, I
don't claim that all the boats on these pages are rugged offshore passagemakers, but they are
basically safe for their intended design purpose when well handled. When and if there is a lack
of safety features I consider important, the deficiency will be pointed out.
Additional info: PDF & EPUB

Contents

Screenshots

Choice yacht designs

Скачать [29 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

The Innovative Yacht. How to improve a Boat for Comfort, Convenience and Performance - Simpson A.…
Sailing in windy weather - Richard Henderson [1987, PDF]
The Offshore Yacht - Tim Thornton [1984, PDF]
The ocean sailing yacht Volume 2 - Donald M. Street [1979, PDF]
Nordana Cargo Handling manual - v-1 - Nordana [2012, PDF]
Own A Steel Boat - Mike Pratt [1979, PDF]
Welding Engineering : An Introduction - Phillips, David H. [2016, PDF]
Singlehanded Sailing: The Experiences and Techniques of the Lone Voyagers - Richard Henderson…
The Practical Encyclopedia of Boating - John Vigor [2004, EPUB/PDF]
The Gaff Rig Handbook - John Leather [2009, EPUB]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 14:48

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3