Reducing Container Loss Guidance

Year: 2022
Language: english
Author: Britannia P&I Club
Genre: Guide
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 8
Description: has published guidelines for containerships to deal with parametric roll motions. In the guidance, Britannia explains how ships can successfully identify parametric roll and what is triggering it.
Unfavourable combinations of rolling period, vessel speed, heading and wave conditions can trigger sudden and extremely rapid increases in roll motions, which might lead to excess loading on container securing devices and, in the worst cases, container stack collapses and container losses overboard.
Masters should use this guidance with particular observation of the specific features of their vessel and its behaviour in heavy weather. All deck officers should familiarise themselves with the applicable chart for their size of vessel and the loading condition at the beginning of a voyage, so they are familiar with actions to be taken to reduce the rolling, as parametric rolling in particular, can develop quickly necessitating prompt remedial actions.
:

Contents

na

Screenshots

Reducing-Container-Losses_Britannia.pdf

Скачать [3 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Marine Guidance Note MGN 621 (M+F), Roll-on/Roll-off Ships -Guidance for the Stowage and Securing…
Container lashing and stowage - UK P&I Club [201x, PDF]
A Master’s Guide to: Container Securing - NNPC [201x, PDF]
Ship Hydrostatics and Stability - Adrian Biran, Ruben Lopez-Pulido [2014, PDF]
Container focus: Preventing the loss of containers at sea - The Swedish Club [2020, PDF]
BSafe Onboard Safety Posters: Reducing Container Losses - Britannia [2023, PDF]
Deck Stowage and Securing of Pipes - Charles Bliault, Hermann Kaps [2008, PDF]
Heavy Weather - Swedish P&I Club [2014, PDF]
Parametric Roll Instability of Ships - Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences University of…
Reducing the Risk of Damage to or Loss of Non-Standardized Cargo - London P&I Club and Others…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 14:21

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3