MaritimeNews ® 07-Oct-2019 21:35
Image Courtesy: Bourbon Offshore
Families and friends of the missing AHTS Bourbon Rhode seafarers, as well as maritime professionals, have started a petition to get active search and rescue (SAR) operations back on track. 
As explained, seven Croatian and Ukrainian crew members of the sunken vessel had reportedly boarded life rafts and may be floating somewhere in the Atlantic.
 “We believe they are still alive and waiting for a miracle,” the petition initiators stressed.
The move comes after French offshore vessel owner Bourbon said on October 5 that the SAR operations — even with seven more missing sailors that may have survived the sinking — will take place only by vessels in the shipwreck zone.
“Several vessels have continued to survey the search area today (October 5), with no results for the past 4 days. The CROSS has decided to make the search operation evolve. It will regularly disseminate messages to vessels in the shipwreck zone and ask them to carry out adapted watch,” the company said.
The Luxembourg-flagged Bourbon Rhode AHTS sank after it was hit by a category 4 hurricane “Lorenzo”. At the time of the incident, the vessel – crewed by 14 Ukrainian, Russian, South African, Filipino and Croatian seafarers — was in transit some 1,200 nautical miles off the French Martinique island and 60 nautical miles south-south east from the eye of the hurricane in the Atlantic.
Search operations carried out since September 26 by the CROSS French West Indies-Guyana and the French Navy have resulted in finding three survivors of the shipwreck, as well as recovering the bodies of four seafarers. Since October 1, no more survivors or bodies have been found.
On October 7, Bourbon informed that the three surviving crew members arrived in Fort de France on board the French Navy frigate Ventose. All of them in good health, they have been reunited with their families.
The company added that the Alp Striker vessel — a 90-meter AHTS capable of operating over very long distances — is still surveying the area to find the missing Croatian Master Dino Miskic and his crewmen.
Separately, Croatia has requested also the US assistance in the search of the missing seafarers.
Speaking to reporters on Sunday, Croatia’s Foreign and European Affairs Minister Grlic Radman said that together with the family and friends of the missing Croatian sea captain he believed that Miskic was alive and that “not all options had been exhausted.”
The minister further said that the country’s government had also requested French authorities, all merchant ships and airplanes passing through and above the area where the vessel sank.
You can sign the petition here.
-Source: worldmaritimenews.com
0
Reply
Heads necessary to send messages to enable JavaScript

Similar topics

ITF Urges Authorities to Continue Search for Bourbon Rhode Crew
Bourbon Rhode Death Toll Rises
One Bourbon Rhode Crew Member Confirmed Deceased
Rescue Ops Launched after Hurricane Hits Bourbon AHTS in the Atlantic
Bodies of Two More Bourbon Rhode Crew Recovered
Three Rescued after Bourbon Ship Sinks in the Atlantic
Families of Missing Stellar Daisy Crew Call for Resumption of Search Operation
RCC Passion Hit by Engine Fire, No Injuries Reported
ITF: Crew of Sunken Filipino Cargo Ship Deserved Better
Kidnapped Polish Sailors “Safe and Sound”
  • Reply

The time now is: Today 17:22

All times are GMT + 3 Hours