Author: David Harris
Genre: Technical book
Publisher: Tortuga Books
Edition: First
ISBN: 9781893561038
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 195
Description: After my 32-foot catamaran sailboat, Top Cat, was wrecked during Hurricane Georges in September,
1998, I repaired it my­ self. This book is an account of my experiences with the wreck and the
repair.
Months of effort were required to get the insurance claim paid, though there were no disputed
issues, and that is a part of this account.
As a homeowner I had done simple plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work, but I had virtually no
experience working on boat repairs and none at all with fiberglassing. I learned the necessary
skills as the job progressed and sometimes I learned the hard way. My education in the basics of
boat repair is also part of this story.
The hands-on work of repair took six months, but the big­ gest part of the job was planning,
organizing, and obtaining parts to replace those that were missing or damaged. Hundreds of let­
ters, faxes, e-mails and telephone calls were required to put Top Cat back together. I communicated
with the insurance agent, the claims adjuster, the insurance company, the Florida Depart­ ment of
Insurance, the boat manufacturer, equipment and parts suppliers, sailboat riggers, sailmakers, and
many others.

Contents

Screenshots

Wreck and resurrection how I made $60,000 repairing my sailboat

Скачать [5 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

The Boat Repair Bible (Repair Guide) - Rupert Holmes [2012, PDF]
Fiberglass Boat Repairs Illustrated - Roger Marshall [2009, PDF]
Cape Horn to Starboard - Kretschmer J. [2014, EPUB]
The Longest Race - Hal Roth [1983, PDF]
The Smarter Charter Catamaran Guide - Caribbean - Blacklock D., Domican M. [2017, PDF/EPUB]
Навигация / Navigation - Gard AS [2011, PDF]
Fuel and Combustion Systems Safety: What you don't know can kill you! - John R. Puskar [2014,…
From A Bare Hull: How To Build A Sailboat - Ferenc Mate [2000, PDF & EPUB]
Navigation, A selection of articles previously published by Gard AS - Gard P&I [2014, PDF]
Boatowner's Illustrated Electrical Handbook - Charlie Wing [2006, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 01:27

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3