Year: 2005
Language: english
Author: Ruth Balint
Publisher: Allen & Unwin
ISBN: 1 74114 361 6
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 204
Description: I AM DEEPLY indebted to the fishermen of Pepela, Rote for sharing their stories with me. They were enormously generous with their time, thoughts and homes. I hope I have used their words justly and with the respect they deserve. Thanks go especially to Sadli Hudari Ardani, Abdul Gani Pello, Johni Fakie, Agung Prasata, Peter Isak Husein, Haji Hasan and Matteos Tungga, who gave me their experiences and ideas and told me everything about the traditional fishermen’s world. Their words are the poetry in this book.
This book was first a documentary film. Many of the interviews used here came from the making of Troubled Waters. In May 2001, I flew to Indonesia with Max Bourke,
and travelled to the fishing village of Pepela in Rote. In Pepela, Haji Hasan, our host, walked us to the police hut on the outskirts of the village. The police chief gave us permission to film, despite his knowledge that we had been forbidden to by the Indonesian government. For that I am eternally grateful.

Contents

Screenshots

Troubled Waters - Borders, Boundaries And Posession In The Timor Sea.pdf

Скачать [1 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

The Sea Chest. A Yachtsman's Reader - Rimington C. (ed.) [1947, PDF]
The Pacific: in the Wake of Captain Cook, with Sam Neill - Meaghan Wilson Anastasios [2019, PDF]
Fourier Series & Boundary Value Problems - W. E. Williams [1973, PDF]
Benson R. A Maritime Album - 100 Photographs and Their Stories, 1997 - Benson R. [1997, PDF]
The face of naval battle - The human experience of modern war at sea - Reeve J., Stevens D. [2004,…
Volcano Road - Peter Tonkin [Michael Tudor Barns, 2014]
Fisherman's Blues: A West African Community at Sea - Anna Badkhen [2018, EPUB]
Port Management Series. Volume 1. Port Management Case Studies. 2011 - 2013 Cycle of the…
Diving in Indonesia: The Ultimate Guide to the World's Best Dive Spots - Sarah Ann Wormald…
Ancedotes from the Sea - Balaram Mahapatra [2020, EPUB]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 00:01

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3