Year: 1878
Language: english
Author: Bishop N.H.
Genre: History
Publisher: Lee and Shepard
Format: PDF/DOC
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 168
Description: "Since my little paper canoe entered southern waters upon her geographical errand, -- from the capes of the Delaware to your beautiful St. Mary's, -- I have been deeply sensible of the value of Southern hospitality. The oystermen and fishermen living along the lonely beaches of the eastern shore of Maryland and Virginia; the surfmen and lighthouse keepers of Albemarle, Pamplico, and Core sounds, in North Carolina; the ground-nut planters who inhabit the uplands that skirt the network of creeks, marshes, ponds, and sounds from Bogue Inlet to Cape Fear; the piny-woods people, lumbermen, and turpentine distillers on the little bluffs that jut into the fastnesses of the great swamps of the crooked Waccamaw River; the representatives of the once powerful rice-planting aristocracy of the Santee and Peedee rivers; the colored men of the beautiful sea-islands along the coast of Georgia; The Floridians living between the St. Mary's River and the Suwanee -- the wild river of song; the islanders on the Gulf of Mexico where I terminated my long journey; -- all have contributed to make the 'Voyage of the Paper Canoe' a success."

Contents

Screenshots

Bishop N.H. Voyage of The Paper Canoe, 1878

Скачать [2 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Lighthouses of the Mid-Atlantic Coast - Elinor DeWire, Paul Eric Johnson [2011, PDF]
Seashaken Houses A Lighthouse History from Eddystone to Fastnet - Tom Nancollas [2018, EPUB]
The Fyddeye Guide to America's Lighthouses: 750+ Lighthouses, Lightships, and Life-Saving…
The misty islands - Miles Smeeton [1978, PDF]
USCG Light List - U.S. Coast Guard [2018, PDF]
Blue Water, Green Skipper: A Memoir of Sailing Alone Across the Atlantic - Woods S. [2012, EPUB]
"At The End Of My Maritime Towline!" (Working On The Inland Waterway and Beyond! Book 3)…
How to Read Water: Clues and Patterns from Puddles to the Sea: Learn to Gauge Depth, Navigate,…
Sailing Directions / Лоции - National Geospatial-intelligence Agency [2014-2017, PDF]
NOAA Nautical Charts of USA / Морские навигационные карты США - National Oceanic and Atmospheric…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 05:36

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3