Language: english
Author: William Mowll
Genre: Practical guide
Publisher: Seaforth Publishing
ISBN: 978 1 5267 2628 5
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 368
Description: Throughout my life it has been a delight and privilege to view some of the best ship-model collections in the world, and over many years I have developed an ever-growing appreciation of this skilled art and craft. During my time at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, it became clear that while model collections have many purposes, the most important function is as an aid to teaching and education. On first seeing William Mowll’s model of HMS Gannet, I was amazed not only at the worldclass standard of workmanship, but also that he had captured – most successfully – the elusive spirit of this ship.
I have been associated with Gannet for many years, and from 2000–2006 was the directing naval architect of the team assembled at Chatham Historic Dockyard for the refurbishment of this naval sloop, now nearing 140 years in age. The restoration team worked throughout in great harmony and the ship was completed on time and within budget. Using twenty-first-century modelmaking technology, William Mowll has built a model of the composite constructed steam-powered gun vessel of the nineteenth century. Planned in every detail, the model Gannet gives us a glimpse into the lives and work of the seafaring men and of the Royal Navy which protected British trade and
worldwide interests before the Great War.

Contents

Screenshots

HMS Gannet - Ship and Model - William Mowll.pdf

Скачать [16 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Navy Board Ship Models - Ball N., Stephens S. [2018, PDF]
British Warships in the Age of Sail 1603-1714 - Design, Construction, Careers and Fates - Winfield…
Alfred Mylne The Leading Yacht Designer Volume 1, 1896-1920 - Ian Nicolson, David Gray [2015, PDF]
The Ship of the Line: A History in Ship Models - Brian Lavery [2014, EPUB]
Fast Sailing Ships - Their Design and Construction, 1775-1875 - MacGregor D.R. [1988, PDF]
Catalogue of the H.H. Rogers - collection of ship models, United States Naval Academy Museum -…
Warrior - The First and the Last - Winton J. [1987, PDF]
Britain and the Ocean Road: Shipwrecks & People, 1297–1825 - Ian Friel [2020, EPUB]
Warships of the Great War Era - Hobbs D. [2014, EPUB]
The Ship of the Line, Vol. 1: The Development of the Battlefleet 1650-1850 - Brian Lavery [2004,…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 18:19

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3