Language: english
Author: V.R.Gibson
Genre: Handbook
Publisher: Oilfield Publications Limited
ISBN: 1 902157 10 9
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Number of pages: 192
Description: This is the second edition of supply ship operations and is probably going to be published six years after
the first edition, this time by a different publisher and effectively in a different world.
When I wrote the first book I was for some of the time a serving shipmaster, still very much in touch
with operations in the North Sea, and energised into putting pen to paper purely to provide assistance to
new starts in the offshore industry. My editor was good enough to express confidence in me and I was
spurred on to complete the book. It was moderately priced in order to encourage those interested in self
advancement to advance themselves without spending an arm and a leg.
Unfortunately despite the bargain price it did not sell too well, and the publishers decided not to reprint,
leaving me with the decision either to become a J.R.Hartley or else to set to and find another publisher.
The new book finds me in a completely different situation from that when I wrote the first one. I have
been working ashore for years and apart from a spell on an old anchor-handler in the Gulf a little while
ago have not driven a ship since the 1980s. On the other hand I have honed my skills as a writer and have
discovered that the ability to report other people's experience is as important in this business as having
the experience myself.
In addition to my changes there have been extraordinary changes in the offshore industry and in the
marine industry in general, with much greater emphasis being placed on training and competency. As a
result this volume has become much more than a few helpful hints and hopefully amusing anecdotes. I
have taken this responsibility seriously and have tried to produce a structured document which will
provide a genuine source of knowledge for junior officers and possibly another view of the job for the
more senior ones.
There is so much to say, and I have just had to draw a line otherwise it will never get into print. So, to
those of you reading this and about to put the knowledge into practice I would wish you the best of luck
and ask you to remember that the job you are doing is still the most exciting marine activity in the world.

supply-ship-operations.pdf

Скачать [17 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

SIGTTO Information Paper no. 20 - Personal Handbook - Guide to Safety Rules, Regulations and…
The Seamanship Examiner for STCW Certification Examinations - D.J. House [2016, PDF]
Safety of Transport of Liquefied Gases on Tankers - The Guide for Marine Officers - Edited by Jan…
Seamanship Examiner - D J House ( 2017 ) Support Disc - Farhan Saeed & D J House [2017]
Basic Marine Engineering - J.K. Dhar [2011, PDF]
Critical Decision Making at Sea [2019, MP4]
Economics of Shipping Practice and Management - A. E. Branch [1988, PDF]
Handbook of offshore oil and gas operations - James G. Speight [2015, PDF]
Ship Handling Theory and Practice - D. J. House [2007, PDF]
From Sail to Steam: Recollections of Naval Life - A.T. Mahan - 2008 - Captain Alfred Thayer Mahan,…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 17:34

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3