COLREGS Lights and Shapes Simplified

Year: 20xx
Language: english
Author: Capt. A.N. Rizvi
Genre: Textbook
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 72
Description: Modern day navigation is facilitated by sophisticated equipment, typically integrated into an electronic navigation system. This makes navigation comparatively an easy task as required information is just fingertips away. The information about the position, heading, detection, even identification and tracking of the target is instant and readily available. In spite of such aids , collisions do happen and present severe consequences. The risk of collision can not be ignored.
Similar to traffic rules on land, there are rules at sea to avoid collisions between vessels and other floating objects, in fact, these collision avoidance rules are also known as rules of the roads (ROR). When two moving vessels make an impact on each other, generally it is termed as collision whereas an impact between a vessel and a fixed object like a buoy is termed as allision, particularly in the US. Nevertheless, collision avoidance rules cover all such impact situations in a broad sense. These rules have been developed over the period of many years as the shipping evolved mainly from sailing days to giant ships propelled by machinery.
In order to appy the rules correctly, one has to identify the target and decide which vessel is give way vessel and which vessel is stand on vessel. The give way vessel is supposed to take action where as stand on vessel is required to maintain course and speed. However, the responsiblitites between vessels depens upon several factors such as condition of visiblity, type of vessels involved and other prevailing circumstances and conditions.
This work book is designed to cater the need of positive identification of vessels, which are mainly stated in PART C of COLREGs i.e. Lights and Shapes ( Rule 20-31). In addition , there are some annexes as well, particularly Annex I & II which need to studied to understand the positioning of lights and shapes , and also some aditional signals by fishing vessels.
For each type of vessel, the text of COLREGs is accompanied by short memeory aid and sketches to reniforce understanding. The text of COLREGs is given in italics for ease of recognition.
Additional info: About the author:
Capt. A.N.Rizvi graduated from T.S. Rajendra/T.S. Chanakya in 1995. After obtaining command on vessels managed by Anglo Eastern Ship Management (AESM), he stepped ashore in Quality Assurance department and worked as maritime consultant for training and crewing for International Maritime Training Trust ( IMTT), Manila branch on behalf of AESM . In 2009, he joined King Abdul-Aziz University, Jeddah as asst professor to develop the department of maritime studies and simulator complex . In 2012, he joined Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy, Karjat and has been working as Sr Training Superintendent since then. He has been running a YouTube Channel named “Sailorstube” which provides lecture on maritime education and training.

Contents

Screenshots

hidden

Скачать [3 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Questions on COLREG - Adrian MINCULESCU [2013, PDF]
Navigation Rules and Regulations Handbook: International—Inland, Full Color 2021 Edition - USGS…
COLREG - IMO [2018, PDF]
Collisions: How to avoid them - North of England P&I Association [2013, PDF]
COLLISIONS HOW TO AVOID THEM - North of England P&I Association [2013, PDF]
Samyung SI-30 AIS Manual Instructions - Samyung ENC [2010, PDF]
Reeds Marine Deck 1: Collision Regulations Handbook - Simon Jinks [2023, PDF]
Bridge Equipment and Watchkeeping for DNS (Diploma in Nautical Science) Semester I & II - Capt.…
Navigation Rules and Regulations Handbook - USCG [2020, EPUB/MOBI/AZW/PDF]
U.S. Aids to Navigation System - USCG [201x, PDF]
  • Тема закрыта

Текущее время: Сегодня 03:16

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3