Author: Ruth Silnes
Genre: Textbook
Publisher: Xlibris
Edition: 1
ISBN: 1-4010-3510-8
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages + text layer
Pages count: 258
Description: In 1965 Torger and I, as newlyweds, decided to follow his dream of cruising through the inland waters of America in our boat, in spite of his history of heart problems and an ulcer. We were both in our early fifties at the time.
It took a year of planning. Torger laid out the course with alternate stops, and I wrote to all the little towns to find out what facilities they had for small boats. I took boating classes, and we ordered a new 38-foot tri-cabin, twin screw, gasoline-powered Tollycraft trawler. We christened her TORU, using the first two letters of our names.
We journeyed for the better part of a year, from Joliet, Illinois, to the Florida Keys. Boating was a new and exciting, adventure for me, Torger having to make up for my inadequate boating know- how by teaching me as we journeyed. On my part, I had to learn to constantly take his orders. Fortunately, we both had the tenac- ity to withstand the rigors of the trip. Any less, and this story could not have happened.

Contents

Screenshots

Silnes R. Keeping Ahead of Winter. 4100 Nautical Miles Inside America, 2005.pdf

Скачать [12 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Altering Course - Richard J. Vogt [1978, PDF]
Sailing in Stitches - Dr. John Cocker [2003, PDF]
The misty islands - Miles Smeeton [1978, PDF]
A Year in Paradise : How We Lived Our Dream - Stephen Wright Watterson [2001, PDF]
Then We Sailed Away - John Ridgway [1996, PDF]
Sailing three oceans. Building and sailing schooner Appledore - Herbert and Doris Smith [1988, PDF]
Desperate Voyage - Caldwell J. [1991, EPUB]
Marco Polo: The remarkable firsthand story of the first Kiwis to sail around the world - Tony Armit…
The Cure for Anything Is Salt Water - How I Threw My Life Overboard and Found Happiness at Sea -…
To The Great Southern Sea - Robinson W.A. [1956, PDF/EPUB]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 09:23

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3