Gogo81 ® 05-Фев-2024 21:09

The Floating Harpsichord: One Sailor's Log and Manuals for Solo-Sailing and Solo-Medicine

Year: 1987
Language: English
Author: Peter H. Strykers
Genre: Textbook
Publisher: Ten Speed Press
Edition: First
ISBN: 0898151902
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 294
Description: Describes the author's thoughts and experiences sailing alone on the Pacific Ocean and offers tips on sailing.
Sailing, a harpsichord, and medicineall in one package. Strykers, a medical doctor, sailor, and musician, has managed to pull it all together in one fascinating book. For sailors there is the account of the author's participation in the Single-handed Transpacific Sailing Race, as well as very useful information on what medicines to take and how to treat illnesses and accidents when sailing alone. Musicians can learn how to tune a harpsichord in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and doctors will find data on the effects of wind, salt, and sea water on skin and on dealing with miscellaneous problems at sea. For general readers a good adventure story makes entertaining reading. Strykers's idea of how to sail single-handed is very different from many, e.g., Webb Chiles. An interesting study in contrasts. Recommended.

Contents

Screenshots

The floating harpsichord

Скачать [7 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Always a Distant Anchorage - Hal Roth [1988, PDF]
Great voyages in small boats: Solo transatlantic - Ann Davison, David Lewis, Hannes Lindemann…
Pacific Crossing Notes A Sailor's Guide to the Coconut Milk Run - Nadine Slavinski and Markus…
AMSA's MEDICAL CARRIAGE REQUIREMENTS - AMSA [2016, PDF]
Around the Big Blue Marble: the BOC Challenge 1994-95 Single-Handed Race Around the World - Rowe N.…
Webb Chiles. An artist of words, wind and women. - [PDF]
Wind and Sailing Boats - Alan Watts [1965, PDF]
A World to the West - Maurice R Cloughley [1979, PDF]
Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Started Sailing, Expanded and Updated - Vigor J. [2020, EPUB]
Performance Sailing and Racing - Steve Colgate [2012, EPUB]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 22:18

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3