John11 ® 05-Окт-2014 00:45

Marine diesel engines: Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair

Language: english
Author: Nigel Calder
Publisher: International Marine Publishing Company (Camden)
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Number of pages: 160
Description:
This book provides the basic information necessary to select, install, maintain, and carry out repairs on a marine diesel engine. It is neither a simple how-to book nor a technical manual on the thermodynamics of internal-combustion engines. Rather, it falls somewhere between the two.
This reflects my own experience as a selftaught mechanic with some 20 years' experience on a variety of engines, from 10 to 2,000 h.p. With specific enough instructions it is perfectly possible to dismantle an engine and put it back together again without having any understanding of how it works. Troubleshooting that engine without a basic grasp of its operating principles, however, is not possible.
In order to grasp these operating principles, just a little of the most basic theory behind internal-combustion engines-more than found in many how-to books-is all you really need to know. It is also possible to be a whiz at theory and a useless mechanic. You'll find not a single intimidating mathematical formula in this book. What I have tried to do is present the general theory underlying diesel engine operation, but only what is necessary to provide a good understanding of the practical side of diesel engine maintenance. My objective is to help turn out competent amateur mechanics, not automotive engineers.
This particular blend of theory and practical mechanics represents a mix that. has worked well for me over the years. Although my approach may help the boat owner see trouble coming and nip it in the bud before his engine breaks down, it may leave some readers hungry for more theory. To them, I'll suggest the library; it contains numerous books that deal in great depth with all aspects of thermodynamics.
Although this book has been written with engines from 10 to 100 h.p. in mind, the principles are virtually the same as those associated with engines of hundreds or even thousands of horsepower. The information in this book applies to just about all diesels.
Sources of data and drawings are indicated throughout the book, but I. would, nevertheless, like to thank all those who have helped me, in particular, Paul Landry and Bill Osterholt for their many suggestions, and the companies that provided drawings and other help. They are: Borg Warner Automotive, Caterpillar Tractor Co., the AC Spark Plug Division of General Motors, ITT/Jabsco, Lucas CAV Ltd., Perkins Engines Ltd., Pleasurecraft Marine Engine Co., Sabb Motor A.s., Garrett Automotive Products Co., Volvo Penta, Holset Engineering Co. Ltd., and United Technologies Diesel Systems.
I extend my thanks to Dodd, Mead and Company for permission to use the material from Francis S. Kinney's Skene's Elements

Contents

Preface ix
Introduction xi
One Principles of Operation 1
Two The Air Supply 10
Three Combustion 14
Four Fuel Injection 17
Five Governors 23
Six Cooling 26
Seven Exhausts 30
Eight Cleanliness is Next to Godliness 32
Nine Troubleshooting, Part One-Failure to Start 40
Ten Troubleshooting, Part Two 54
Eleven Overhauls, Part One-Decarbonizing 64
Twelve Overhauls, Part Two 94
Thirteen Marine Gearboxes 111
Fourteen Engine Installations 118
Fifteen Engine Selection 127
Appendices A Tools 137
B Spare Parts 139
Useful Tables 141
Glossary 145
Index 149

calder_n_marine_diesel_engines_maintenance_troubleshooting_a.pdf

Скачать [14 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Marine diesel engines: Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair - Nigel Calder [2007, PDF]
Keep Your Marine Diesel Running: Care and Preventive Maintenance - Richard Thiel [1991, PDF]
Skene's Elements of Yacht Design - Francis S. Kinney [1983, PDF]
Workshop Manual for Marine Engines Volvo Penta - Volvo Penta [200X, PDF]
Engineering fundamentals of the internal combustion engine - Willard W. Pulkrabek [2003, PDF]
Marine engines & Propulsion systems - Ranger Hope [2015, PDF/DOCX]
Diesels Afloat - The Must-Have Guide for Diesel Boat Engines - Manley P. [2007, PDF]
Two-Stroke Engine - Repair & Maintenance - Dempsey, Paul [2010, PDF]
Practical Boat Mechanics: Commonsense Ways to Prevent, Diagnose, and Repair Engines and Me - Ben…
Main Engine Instructions for S50MC-C and K98MC - MAN B&W Diesel A/S [2010, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 02:49

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3