Author: I. V. Voznitsky
Genre: Technical book
Publisher: St. Petersburg
Edition: 3rd
ISBN: 5-94218-0009-X
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 125
Description: It is known that the power and efficiency of the operation of a marine diesel engine are largely determined by the quality of the fuel used in it and the way it is processed and prepared on board. The main focus of the book is on the analysis of the properties of modern heavy fuels, the principles of rational fuel preparation, which is becoming increasingly important today due to the deterioration in the quality of fuels noted on the world market, with a simultaneous sharp rise in prices. It is impossible
not to take into account the fact that with the rise in oil prices, the component of the cost of fuel in the total cost of operating a sea vessel today is 30-40%. If we consider only the costs of operating the diesel engine itself, then the share of the fuel component increases to 75%. For this reason, one of the main aims of this guide is to show you how to get the most out of your money invested in fuel. The pages of the book also do not ignore such issues as the commercial aspects of ordering fuels, organizing bunkering, quality control of fuel received on board the ship and the now important “Appendix 6 to the MARPOL 73/78 Convention “Rules for the Prevention of Atmospheric Pollution from courts."
It is essential, and it is well known to practitioners, that in the volume of deliveries an increasing share is occupied by fuels obtained by the methods of secondary processing of residual fractions (cracking processes) and, unfortunately, causing a number of problems in operation. These include poor flammability, instability and incompatibility of fuels, the presence of abrasives (catalyst fines) in fuels, in some cases causing “catastrophic” wear, etc.
Additional info: Screenshots translated from russian to english and then compiled into a book for the benefit of english-speaking members of the forum. Apologies for the quality - it's unavoidable in the process of scanning and translating.

Contents

Screenshots

Practice of Use of Marine Fuels - Voznitsky.pdf

Скачать [18 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Modern Marine Medium Speed Engines - I.V.Voznitsky [2003, PDF]
Shipbuilding Technology - V. L. Aleksandrov [2003, PDF]
Basics of Welding and Thermal Processes in Shipbuilding and Ship Repair - E.G. Burmistrov [2017,…
Practical Recommendations for Lubrications of Marine Diesel - I. V. Voznitsky [2007, PDF]
Diesel Exhaust Valves - V.P. Smirnov [2007, PDF]
Technology of Marine Vessels - Hull Structures - M.K.Glosman [1984, PDF]
Sanitary Systems of Sea Vessels - Guskov M.G, Makarov V.G [1989, PDF]
Marine Boiler Units - V. I. Enin [1993, PDF]
Ship Boiler Plants - V. I. Enin, I. I. Kotylev [1993, PDF]
Accident Prevention of Marine Internal Combustion Engines - I. V. Voznitsky, L. A. Ivanov [1971,…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 11:30

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3