MaritimeNews ® 13-Июл-2015 15:26

Celebrity Cruises, part of Royal Caribbean International, has chosen a San Francisco native Kate McCue to be the first American female to take the helm of a mega-ton cruise ship. 
She will command Celebrity Summit– a 91,000-ton, 965-foot ship in the Celebrity Cruises fleet, sailing between the eastern United States and Bermuda.
As Captain, she will be responsible for the safe navigation of the ship and the onboard experience of its 2,158 guests and 952 crew members.
A graduate of California State University’s California Maritime Academy, Captain McCue has held a variety of roles in the maritime industry, beginning as a cadet and deck officer, then working through a series of positions to her most recent role as Master Mariner with Royal Caribbean International.
“Becoming the first female American captain of a cruise ship has been a goal of mine for as long as I can remember,” said McCue.
“The honor is amplified by being the first at a company like Celebrity Cruises. The cruise industry is ever-evolving, from the ships and the itineraries, to our guests’ expectations for vacation experiences. Celebrity has a history of delivering on each of these and I am thrilled to be a part of it. I look forward to working with an amazing team and the exceptional leadership who bring the Celebrity Cruises vision to life every day.”
McCue will begin her new role on Celebrity Summit in August of 2015.
-Source: worldmaritimenews.com
Для отправки сообщений необходимo включить JavaScript