paolina_3 ® 07-Апр-2020 20:34

Yachting Wrinkles - A Practical and Historical Handbook of Valuable Information for the Racing and Cruising Yachtsman

Year: 1899
Language: english
Author: A. J. Kenealy
Genre: Manual
Publisher: Outing Publishing Co.
Format: PDF
Quality: OCR without errors
Pages count: 324
Description: A "wrinkle" in nautical slang is something worth knowing.
Captain Kenealy's Wrinkles, gleaned from practical experience, observation and study, were published in the hope that they might prove of interest and value to lovers of sailing craft. This amazing book includes tenths of drawings and photographs of everything from small catboats, through Herreshoff yacht designs to huge America Cup racing yachts, including Lord Dunraven's famous "Valkyrie" yachts, the topmast of one to later serve as Skelmorlie Bowling Club's flagpole. Many legends of yachting are described and pictured: America, Gloriana, Vigilant, Valkyrie, Minerva, schooner Sappho among others.
In his preface, Captain Kenealy writes "I want to warn off literary critics by the frank admission that I am not worthy of their steel, being an old sailor who went to sea when he was thirteen and spent many years afloat where books were scarce. So far as yachting critics or nautical experts are concerned, I must let my work speak for itself. If it has no other merit, it has at least been conscientiously done".

Contents

Screenshots

Yachting Wrinkles

Скачать [13 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Boat Sailing In Fair Weather And Foul - Kenealy A.J. [1903, PDF/EPUB]
Sensible Cruising Designs - L. Francis Herreshoff [1973, PDF]
Great Yachts and Their Designers - Jonathan Eastland [1987, PDF]
The Rudder Treasury - Tom Davin [2003, PDF]
Restoring Vintage Boats - Lewis H.J. [1975, PDF]
The Sail Magazine Book of Sailing - Peter Johnson [1989, PDF]
Elements of Yachts Design - Skene N.L. [1904, PDF]
Two years before the mast; a personal narrative of life at sea - Dana R.H. [1911, PDF]
A manual of yacht and boat sailing. - Dixon Kemp [1900, PDF]
Practical yacht handling - Eric Tabarly [1980, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 00:22

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3