Genre: Technical book
Publisher: New York, Cincinnati [etc.] American book company
Edition: 1st
Format: PDF
Quality: OCR without errors
Pages count: 241
Description: Preface
========
Two objects have been kept in view in preparing this little book. One was to condense those facts and laws of the science which are of most interest and importance to the general intelligent public within so small a compass as not to make a very serious addition to the curriculum of the high
school or college. The other was so to present the subject that as little formal mathematics as possible should be necessary to its mastery of the first object little need be said. The typical person constantly kept in mind has been the inquiring layman seeking to know something of the heavenly bodies and their relation to the earth, including such subjects of human interest as the changing seasons, the measure of time, and the varying
aspects of the planets.
The second object involves more serious questions. Can an idea of the laws and phenomena of the celestial motions be conveyed to a pupil who has not completed the regular course in geometry and physics T he author believes that it can. It cannot, indeed, be denied that the professional astronomer, engineer, surveyor, and navigator who are to make astronomical observation s and computations must have a fairly complete
training in at least the elementary branches of mathematics. But this training is not essential to him who desires only a command of general ideas, without proposing to make technical application s of the science. What is really essential are those conceptions of motion and form which o n e may derive from everyday observation, and the understanding of a few elementary definitions in geometry and physics.

Contents

Screenshots

Astronomy_10011130.pdf

Скачать [9 KB]

Спасибо
Arcan 23-Апр-2020 14:32
rumanaparveen,
1. As per rule 3.15 : "It is not allowed to abuse the use of CONTINUOUS CAPITAL letters (Caps Lock)." Fixed for first time.
2. Screenshots ( in the Contents also) should be readable size ( at least 1024 x 768 or something like that). Fix , please.
How to create screenshot - read here
How to edit your releases - read here
kpanago1960 23-Апр-2020 18:24
Hello.
This release does not say that there are something like 20 or more pages in the book, the content of which is locked to the reader from the administrator of the site from which they were downloaded in the first place.
Therefore, once they are uploaded to this site, they will give the impression that this site requires a full membership for unlocking the locked pages, something which could not be done.
Thus, I highly recommend that either the uploader or the mediator to drop this upload.
Best regards,
kpanago1960
Arcan 23-Апр-2020 18:54
kpanago1960, Actually, you are right, there are some pages in the both books are locked. The problem was in the source from where these books are taken. But spending some minutes in the search I found the same books in the full format without any locks of pages. If releaser would like - I can give him these non-locked books for releasing.
Here is another one problem - the releaser is a beginner and for us much better to learn him how to do properly releases. That is why we sometimes make a blind eye to some problems...
I knew, that somebody find these locked pages and released full books.
rumanaparveen , if you want, I can give you these full books, Just let me know via PM.

Похожие релизы

Elements Of Astronomy - Newcomb, Simon [1900, PDF]
A Textbook of General Astronomy for Colleges and Scientific Schools - Charles Augustus Young [1889,…
Textbook on Spherical Astronomy - W. M. Smart [1977, PDF]
Celestial Navigation - Jeff Toghill [1988, EPUB/PDF]
Relativistic Celestial Mechanics of the Solar System - Sergei Kopeikin [2011, PDF]
Nautical Science in its Relation to Practical Navigation - Charles Lane Poor [1910, PDF]
The Great Canoes in the Sky - Starlore and Astronomy of the South Pacific - Chadwick S.R.,…
Our Place in the Universe: Understanding Fundamental Astronomy from Ancient Discoveries - Sun Kwok…
Nautical Astronomy - B. Krasavtsev, B. Khlyustin [1970, PDF]
Celestial Calculations: A Gentle Introduction to Computational Astronomy - J. L. Lawrence [2019,…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 15:20

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3