|An Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology, 5th Edition - James R. Holton, Gregory J. Hakim [2012, PDF]|
|The Oceans And Climate - Grant Bigg [2003, PDF]|
|The Drift of Sea Ice - Matti LeppaÈ ranta [2011, PDF]|
|Atmosphere, Ocean and Climate Dynamics: An Introductory Text - John Marshall, R. Alan Plumb [2008,…|
|Waves in the Ocean and Atmosphere: Introduction to Wave Dynamics - Joseph Pedlosky [2003, PDF]|
|Introduction To Physical Oceanography - Robert Henry Stewart [2008, PDF]|
|Radiation In The Atmosphere A Course In Theoretical Meteorology - Wilford Zdunkowski, Thomas…|
|Dynamics Of The Atmosphere A Course in Theoretical Meteorology - Wilford Zdunkowski & Andreas Bott…|
|Meteorology of Tropical West Africa, The Forecasters’ Handbook - Various Authors [2017, PDF]|
|Introducing Meteorology - A Guide to Weather - Jon Shonk [2020, PDF]|
The time now is: Today 01:42
All times are GMT + 3 Hours
The Atmosphere and Ocean: A Physical Introduction
Author: Neil C. Wells
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Pages count: 442
Description: The Atmosphere and Ocean is a fully revised and updated student friendly physical introduction to the atmosphere and ocean. Now in its Third Edition, the book continues to provide students with an accessible description of the atmosphere and ocean with emphasis on their physical properties and inter-dependence.
Clearly structured throughout, the book demonstrates that the atmosphere and ocean are both subject to the influence of the earth's rotation and therefore they have a common dynamical basis. The author clearly demonstrates the fundamental differences between the two environments and provides the reader with a much better understanding of the atmosphere and the ocean and an appreciation of their closest interactive relationship. There have been many developments in the field over the past ten years and this latest edition of a highly successful textbook brings together new material on the ocean-atmosphere system and climate, the observed circulation of the atmosphere and ocean and radiation in the atmosphere and ocean.
- Fully revised and updated 3rd Edition of student friendly physical introduction to the atmosphere and ocean.
- Now includes new chapters on observed circulation of the atmosphere and ocean, energy flows in the ocean atmosphere system, modelling the ocean and atmosphere, the ocean atmosphere system and climate.
- Well-structured and written in an authoritative yet accessible style suitable for 2nd and 3rd year students taking courses in meteorology, oceanography and related Earth Sciences or as an introduction for graduate
- Emphasis placed on physical properties and inter-dependence of the ocean and climate.
- Part of the RMetS (Royal Meteorological Society) book series, Advancing Weather and Climate Science