A Speck in the Sea

Year: 2017
Language: english
Author: John Aldridge, Anthony Sosinski
Performer: Robert Fass, Fred Berman
Type: audiobook
Audio codec: MP3
Audio bitrate: 64 Kbps
Description: The harrowing adventure-at-sea memoir recounting the heroic search-and-rescue mission for lost Montauk fisherman John Aldridge, which Daniel James Brown calls "A terrific read".
I am floating in the middle of the night, and nobody in the world even knows I am missing. Nobody is looking for me. You can't get more alone than that. You can't be more lost. I've got too many people who love me. There's no way I'm dying like this.
In the dead of night on July 24, 2013, John Aldridge was thrown off the back of the Anna Mary while his fishing partner, Anthony Sosinski, slept below. As desperate hours ticked by, Sosinski, the families, the local fishing community, and the US Coast Guard in three states mobilized in an unprecedented search effort that culminated in a rare and exhilarating success. A tale of survival, perseverance, and community, A Speck in the Sea tells of one man's struggle to survive as friends and strangers work to bring him home.
Aldridge's wrenching first-person account intertwines with the narrative of the massive, constantly evolving rescue operation designed to save him.
PDF bonus is included.

A Speck in The Sea

Похожие релизы

In Harm's Way: JFK, World War II, and the Heroic Rescue of PT-109 - Iain Martin [Dan Bittner,…
Erebus - Michael Palin [200?]
438 days - An extraordinary true story of survival at sea - Jonathan Franklin [George Newbern, 2015]
Soul of the Hurricane: The Perfect Storm and an Accidental Sailor - Nelson Simon [Nelson Simon,…
Voyage of Mercy - Stephen Puleo [Sean Patrick Hopkins, 2020]
Alone - Lost Overboard in the Indian Ocean - Archibald, B. [2017, PDF/EPUB]
The Lusitania’s Last Voyage: Being a Narrative of the Torpedoing and Sinking of the R.M.S.…
Into the storm - Tristram Korten [2018]
Rescue in the Pacific: A True Story of Disaster and Survival in a Force 12 Storm - Tony Farrington…
Poseidon's Arrow - Clive Cussler [200?]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 08:34

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3