ENGLISH PINNACE (Circa 1750-1760)

Year: 2012
Language: English
Author: Chuck Passaro
Genre: Guide
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 25
Description: Having recently designed the Model Shipways kit for an 18th century longboat, I wanted to follow up that project with something that would complement it. I wanted to create another small boat from the period as I find very enjoyable to build. Searching for inspiration, I came across some models for 18th century pinnacles. There were large 32 foot pinnacles and many smaller examples to look at. I was particularly fond of one model from the NMM in Greenwich. It was a model of a 21 foot long single banked pinnace from around 1750. It would make an excellent subject for this new project. It has a paneled interior and some decorative merits. I found an original draft that was almost identical to this small 4 oared pinnace.
It didn’t take too long before I had a working set of plans that contained all of the parts for this model. At ¼” scale, a model of a 21 foot pinnace is not even six inches long. This would be very finicky to put together so I decided to double its size. I have scaled it up to ½” which should allow for more details as well.

Contents

It will be an interesting and fun kit to build and shouldn’t take longer than just a few weeks to build.

Screenshots

ENGLISH PINNACE.pdf

Скачать [4 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Colonial Schooner Sultana - Chuck Passaro's practicum for building the Model Shipways kit -…
Continental Galley - Washington 1776 - Jeffru W. Staudt [2015, PDF]
MS Brig Syren Prototype Build Log - Chuck Passaro [2011, PDF]
Building Half Model - Russell Barnes [2012, PDF]
Wooden Warship Construction - A History in Ship Models - Lavery B. [2017, EPUB]
RMS Titanic a Modelmakers Manual - Peter Davis-Garner [2005, PDF]
Ship models how to build them - Davis С. G. [1986, PDF]
Ship Decoration - 1630-1780 - Peters A. [2013, PDF]
America’s Cup Sailboat - America’s Cup [-, JPEG]
Nine Motor Boats and How To Build Them - Various authors [1913, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 16:18

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3