|Oil Tanker Familiarisation - Varios [2020, PDF]|
|Specialized Training Program for Chemical Tankers Course (STPCTO) - MASSA Maritime Academy [2005,…|
|Advanced Training For Gas Tanker Cargo Operations (GASCO) Handout - Hindustan Institute of Maritime…|
|Basic training for oil and chemical tanker cargo operations - Unknown [2019, PDF]|
|Basic Tanker Training (Oil, Chemical and Liquefied Gas Tanker) - Singapore Polytechnic [2014, PDF]|
|Gas Tankers (Familiarisation Level) [2012, PDF]|
|Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR) Course Handout - SIMS [2007, DOC]|
|Advanced Training on Liquefied Gas Tanker Operations - South Tyneside College [2xxx, PDF]|
|Specialised Training for Oil Tanker (Model Course 1.02) - IMO [2006, PDF]|
|Gas Tankers Advanced Course - Unknown [2xxx, PDF]|
The time now is: Today 11:53
All times are GMT + 3 Hours
Basic Training for Oil & Chemical Tanker Cargo Operation
Author: Oceana Maritime Training Institute
Genre: Training courses
Publisher: Oceana Maritime Training Institute
Pages count: 169
This course provides training to candidates to be duly qualified under Section A – V/1-1 of the STCW code with specific duties and responsibilities related to cargo equipment on oil and chemical tankers, It comprises of a basic training programme appropriate to their duties, including basic training for oil and chemical tanker safety, fire safety measures, pollution prevention, safe operational practices and obligations under applicable law and regulations. The course covers the competence requirements as given in the table A-V/1-1-1 of the STCW Code adopted by the International Convention on Standards of Training. Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, 1978 as amended in 2010.
Provided they hold an appropriate certificate and are otherwise qualified in accordance with regulation Section A-VI/1 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers 1978, as amended, those successfully completing the course will be eligible to carry out assigned specific duties and responsibilities related to cargo or cargo equipment on Oil and Chemical Tankers. The trainee shall:
• Be familiar with the equipment, Instrumentation and controls used for cargo handling on an oil and chemical tanker.
• Have acquired greater awareness of the need of proper planning and the use of checklists involved in various cargo handling operations.
• Have an enhanced awareness to apply proper and safe procedures at all times when carrying out the various operations on board oil and chemical tankers.
• Be able to identify operational problems and assist in solving them.
• Follow safety practices and protect the marine environment.
• Be able to assist and co-ordinate actions during emergencies.