Author: Kay Cottee
Genre: Textbook
Publisher: Macmillan Co. of Australia
Edition: First
ISBN: 978-0732900151
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 226
Description: Fascinating and very honest account of one woman's struggle against the Weather odds to achieve her ambition to sail around the world the hard way. It is not a "piece of literature" , but is quite well written. She is a mighty woman/person----as good as any male sailors ! and it is fascinating how she handles the pressure, the loneliness----- completely on her own in the worst weather conditions on the planet. At various stages I feared for her life, but she came through with flying colours.
The defining moment in my opinion was , 360nm south of the Cape of Good Hope, in total survival conditions----hurricane-- 75kts + and 20m seas,after several knockdowns and running down giant waves under a scrap of sail at up to 20kts,and very little sleep----- she is almost run down by a ship !! So from that terrifying situation to complete flat calm near the Equator, and the consequent risks--enough drinking water-?---running out of food ?
So a great read and I would highly recommend it to anyone. She does explain all the technical terms so "landlubbers " could enjoy it too.
Gerry Burke. Sailor

Contents

Screenshots

First Lady

Скачать [8 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Hell on High Seas. Amazing Stories of Survival Against the Odds - Mundle R. [2010, PDF/EPUB]
Near death on the high seas: true stories of disaster and survival - Cecil Kuhne [2008, PDF & EPUB]
Clipper Ships and the Golden Age of Sail: Races and Rivalries on the Nineteenth Century High Seas -…
Little Ship of Fools - Charles Wilkins [2013, PDF]
Sailing The complete practical manual - Michael Deshors [2001, PDF]
Under Pressure: Living Life and Avoiding Death on a Nuclear Submarine - Richard Humphreys [2020]
Sailing Strategy Wind and Current - Ian Proctor [2010, EPUB]
The Last Grain Race - Eric Newby [2014, EPUB]
A Drop in the Ocean - Jasna Tuta [2020, Other]
Around the world in seventy-nine days - Cam Lewis [1996, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 22:00

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3