Year: 2015
Language: english
Author: North of England P&I Association
Genre: Handbook
Publisher: North of England P&I Association
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 43
Description: Groundings and collisions with both fixed or floating objects (FFO) are the most high profile and costly of all maritime accidents. Usually human error remains the most common factor of such accidents. Even if vessel’s navigational systems and procedures are designed to reduce the risk, it is precisely the failure of these procedures that lead to incidents. North is a marine insurer company focused on safety culture and loss prevention, that also provides technical and operational expertise. This guide is designed to bring to the attention of masters and officers the key factors in groundings and FFO incidents, rather than be a textbook on voyage planning and the avoidance of groundings or FFO incidents. It includes suggestions on avoiding the contributory factors and aims to promote an understanding of how the risks can be minimised through following good practice. Real-life case studies are included at the end of most chapters to provide examples of poor practice, considering that is much less costly to learn from the mistakes of others than to learn from our own mistakes. The case studies and the questions they ask are designed to be the starting point for wide-ranging discussions on all aspects of avoiding groundings and FFO incidents. Each case study describes a developing situation and asks a number of questions, without providing the answers. The intention is to encourage the discussion between members of the bridge team.

Contents

Screenshots

Rocks and Hard Places, How to Avoid Them.pdf

Скачать [2 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Mooring Operations - North of England P&I Association [2019, PDF]
COLREGs Rule Explained and Commented - North of England P&I Association [2019, PDF]
Navigational claims 2020 - Swedish P & I Club [2019, PDF]
Collisions: How to avoid them - North of England P&I Association [2013, PDF]
ECDIS, ECDIS-ENC accuracy, Voyage Planning with ECDIS - North of England P&I Association [2019, PDF]
A Team Effort - A Guide to Casualty Investigation & Claims Handling [2010]
Recommendations on Usage of ECDIS and Preventing Incidents - OCIMF [2020, PDF]
COLLISIONS HOW TO AVOID THEM - North of England P&I Association [2013, PDF]
the Standard Club's Master's Guide to Container securing - The Standard Club © 2020…
Bridge Resource Management Guidance - UK Chamber of Shipping [2020, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 23:05

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3