Language: english
Author: Vigor J.
Genre: Manual
Publisher: Sheridan House
ISBN: 1493051393
Format: EPUB
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 189
Description: Aimed at sailboat owners of all kinds, this reference book contains 200 entries packed with solid practical advice and valuable tips. Each entry is categorized alphabetically and prefaced by an arresting statement, such as "People always lie about how fast their boats are." The reference format offers readers the opportunity to open the book at any page and browse endlessly. Cartoons by SAIL Magazine cartoonist Tom Payne enliven the text. A comprehensive appendix covers some 50 technical topics. Includes a Foreword by Don Casey. "...it is always interesting and very readable." — Sailing "Filled with practical advice, this book is a winner." — The Ensign "Vigor, who's written for several boating magazines, has brought his experience and sense of humor to bear on the less than ideal experiences of sailing—and he's even alphabetized them...It's fun to page through and you just might learn a thing or two."— Soundings: An Interdisciplinary Journal "This book is easy to read. It imparts some very valuable information in a fun package." — Good Old Boat "This is a great reference book for those just entering the world of sailing, and entertaining." — Latitudes & Attitudes "Vigor, who's written for several boating magazines, has brought his experience and sense of humor to bear on the less than ideal experiences of sailing—and he's even alphabetized them...It's fun to page through and you just might learn a thing or two." — Soundings
Additional info: About the Author
John Vigor is a former managing editor of Sea Magazine and the copy editor for Good Old Boat Magazine. He has contributed numerous articles and photos to Cruising World, Sail, Yachting World, Good Old Boat, Practical Boat Owner, and many other maritime publications. He is also the author of eleven sailing books, including The Practical Encyclopedia of Boating, Boatowners' Handbook and Small Boat to Freedom.. He lives with his family in Bellingham, Washington.

Contents

Screenshots

Vigor J. Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Started Sailing, 2020.epub

Похожие релизы

The Practical Encyclopedia of Boating - John Vigor [2004, EPUB/PDF]
A sail for all seasons; cruising and racing sail tips - Ian Nicolson [1998, PDF]
Sailing Big On A Small Sailboat - Jerry D. Cardwell [1997, PDF]
The Practical Encyclopedia of Boating: An A-Z Compendium of Navigation, Seamanship, Boat…
The Practical Mariners Book of Knowledge - John Vigor [2013, EPUB]
Handbook of Offshore Cruising - Howard J. [2000, PDF]
The Dinghy Cruising Companion - Roger Barnes [2014, EPUB]
Understanding Boat wiring - Payne J.C. [2003, PDF]
Be Your Own Sailing Coach (20 Goals for Racing Success) - Emmett J. [2008, PDF]
There Be No Dragons: How to Cross a Big Ocean in a Small Sailboat - Reese Palley [1996, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 17:13

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3